When to begin vegative nutrients.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fraggle707, Mar 11, 2009.

1. I have some seedlings that I have been giving them a root nutrient and I wonder when would be a good time to introduce a vegative nutrient?

2. don't quote me on it but from what I have READ I too am just starting myself is to start with 1/4 strength nuts at first and I would say it is around 2 weeks that you would want to wait if you are unsure of this you could always wait another week and start 1/4 strength or try 1/8th strength nuts if your afraid. I myself just plan on superthrive calmag plus and Liquid Karma for the first 2-3 weeks then going to 1/4 strength nuts for a week .

3. Good advice, I agree with Yischrax. Wait until you have a couple sets of leaves and then go at it with 1/3 or 1/4 strength. Less is more at this stage....

4. yeah LAST thing you want to do is put the little guys into shock it would be like parents having short ceilings and throwing there kid in the air, Sadly some things are never the same. Specially if you spent 100 bucks on seeds.

Do you agree or disagree with light amounts of super thrive , cal mag plus with RO water and 1/4 strength liquid carma at early stages though.... say 1 week after you see first green. if I had to guess keeping ppm at like 500-600 210 being calmagplus

5. imo, you shouldnt need calmag that early in a plants life if youre in a good growing environment (good soil, proper nutes in hydro)

light amounts of superthrive wont hurt anything, but honestly, if everything is cool (healthy growth, pH is in check, and good grow medium) you dont need to add much, if anything, during the first 2-3 weeks. THEN you start with the low dose nutes, as its depleted the nutes available in the soil.