When should i transplant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kill a jedi, May 22, 2010.

1. My blue mystic plant is 6 days old, working on its 3rd set of leaves, i have it in a 16 oz party cup, its only 3/4 of the way filled ( i knocked over the plant the 2nd day, it recovered nicely though). its about 3 1/2 inches tall. I was wondering when i should transplant and move up a pot size.

2. Might as well do it now so you don't have to worry about being root bound. It sounds like it's big enough to take it in stride.

3. Ill do it tomorrow once the 3rd set fully comes in, plus the soil will need time to drain and get to the right point right?

4. Yes, you don't want to trasnplant when it's mud. Transplant right when you would normally water (because you should be letting your soil dry out a bit between waterings).

5. Which is exactly what im doing. Once i transplant it i will be moving it outdoors, out from under 2 CFL lights, i figured it should be able to make it pretty well outdoors, or do you think another 24 hours indoors after the transplant that way it will be stronger before it goes outside?...

6. I would move it out because unless they're 46 watts or higher, 2 CFL's aren't enough light.

7. All right, well i hope it works out, we are getting really strong sun in the morning right now for about 5 hours, and it was so strong on my friends clones about two days ago it burned them or stressed them hard i guess, and like strong winds, atleast 15 mph. and its dropping into mid 50s at night. Bring them in at night?

8. Hm. That's kinda windy...

As long as it doesn't frost your plants should be alright but idk if they're old enough to handle that wind yet. Do you have a fan blowing on them when they're indoors?

edit: lows of 38? That's pretty close to freezing, I would bring them indoors if you do decide to put them outside.

9. I get a fan on them about 4 hours a day in broken intervals of an hour at a time, since i can only use the one fan we have for so long.

I will defiantly bring them in when it gets that cold