when should I transplant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RoyalBloodLZ, Jul 27, 2015.

1. These girls are about 2 weeks old, in small containers since planted from seed. They are under an 880w Solar Storm LED. The container is near 1.5 quarts.. I will top them as well.. just looking for opinions on when to do both of my plan. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. #2 lotek590, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    when in doubt, always transplant on the new moon. Not because the plants give a shit, but because humans usually make better decisions on the new moon. If it becomes obvious the plants really want to be transplanted on the full moon, just be aware that you are not performing at 100% and are susceptable to bad ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. not the advice i was expecting.. but thanks, i guess.

4. just my way of saying, it depends more on you than it does on the plants. Plants are very forgiving, all they want to do is live. Humans are very stupid and always think they can come up with some better idea. If you love your plants, you will know when they are ready to be transplanted. They will show you that their roots are healthy and they are ready to grow. All they need is more room.

5. It is really hard to tell from your plants what size container they are in bit looks like you are over watering. Transplant when they are rootbound can you see roots under you're containers?

I tp before they become super rootbound oh and you can top them now

6. The pots are about 1 quart.. Maybe 1.5..

You're the second person to tell me I'm overwatering.. I posted a pic yesterday, and someone said "overwatering".. I'm slowing their water rate down.. I can't see roots it this container.. They will be transplanted in to 5gl smartpots. Buying some rooting hormone now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. transplanting will just make it harder to control watering and the roots arent even established yet or you wouldnt be overwatering and they would be taking off..wait till theyre like dust dry then water to run off

8. does anyone know a video where transplanting young plants happend? it's the only way this injured brain can focus...[​IMG]

I have found some, but none that transplant younger ones..