When should i plany my autoflowering seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jakefunk, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hen should I plant my autoflowering seeds

2. When the sun is strongest.... to allow for optimal growth thats going to mean startin em very late in April, and harvesting 1st or second week of July....dont top em either, just LST for maximum light penetration....good luck, bro.

3. I'm generally not very good with plants, so when I got a few autoflowering seeds in early December I thought I could just throw them in a flower pot by the window and they'd grow no matter what... I water them regularly (whenever the soil starts to look dry) and for a while I thought I spotted a tiny stalk but the next time I watered it got lost and I haven't seen any more activity besides those tiny white bugs that appear for a while whenever I water the soil (I read that this is normal). I am also using Black Gold plant food. Now that the days are getting longer, is there any hope for these seeds or are they just dead if they haven't grown by now (10 weeks later)?

4. if you were lucky that might have worked out... but really u are supposed to germinate the seeds... meaning u put them in between a wet-moist towel or tissue for it to start... look up germination... but all is not lost... u can dig them up and maybe they'll grow... nature is awesome!

5. Ah, thanks for the advice! I just assumed that with a name like "autoflowering" I could manage to get even a minimally useful plant with minimal effort — these plants occur in nature without any tending, don't they?! I was picturing having some free-range weed growing on my balcony and all I'd have to do was water it... but thanks, I will try digging them up and giving them a new home in a bigger pot outside when the weather is just a bit warmer!

6. Auto-flowering just means that they enter the flowering stage of growth without a dramatic shift in lighting hours that occurs in nature. You still have to take care of that little guy till he's completely grown and taken care of. You just don't need to initiate a flowering stage.