when should i move them outside to my balcony

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Trippycat, Mar 28, 2020.

1. i think it might be a little weak right now but its not getting the light it requires [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Definitely need to get them under some light, leggy and leaning. Looking good tho, I've found sometimes the roots have a hard time growing through those peat cups. Not a bad choice that's what I used to begin with, I would recommend going straight to soil after sprouting or using a seedling plug. So far so good tho

3. 1) What light are you using now?
    2) What direction does your balcony face?

I'm not going to lie, I'm skeptical as to how effective a balcony would be. Really depends on how much sun it gets. Thing is, once you go outside, you have to wait for the fall season to flower. I wouldn't recommend bringing them in/out frequently because that can stress her. Let's see your setup though

4. Wait till they have true fan leave before bringing them out

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I always go right to light as soon as they go in the soil after sprouting the tap root. I'll keep a sandwich bag over the pot or a clear plastic cup over it's planting site to keep up humidity. It seems to stop leggy seedlings, as I have not had an issue since starting this method. Once the true leafs start to grow I take the cover off, keeping it moist not wet until it's time to remove. I have a humidifier I found this works just as good not as quick but does the job. The issue I've found about having seedlings outside is the wind, I do live in NM so it can get windy I've had it damage young plants.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 GorillaGherkin, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    I’d wait till they have 4-6 sets of leaves n start em in the shade too careful I know but, no shock or burn.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don't put em out until they're like 3 or 4 feet tall... Depends on the weather though I imagine. I've seen em pop up on their own in the spring and grow into pretty big trees.

8. Autos or Photos ?
    Autos it doesn't matter so much as they are size-time driven to flower.
    Photoperiods only Veg in June and July.
    Putting a photoperiod outside off season it'll get 12 inches tall and flower.

BNW

• Like Like x 2