When should I move my plants outside?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dr_Sativa, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Hey guys,

I have been vegging my plants inside (see pictures below) for about three wees now The smaller plants are 2 wees and the larger one is 3 weeks. Even though it would be legal here, my rooommates won't let me grow weed in the house so I am going to have to move the plants outside as soon as it makes sense.

They are currently under two T 12 fluorescent grow light bulbs using 40 watts each. This will obviously not be sufficient for much longer, but the larger plant does look healthy with the nodes close together, it would be nice to keep them inside until I can sex them but I think they will outgrow my closet (and the light) before then.

My question is, will they grow larger if I move them outside right now? Is the larger one at 3 weeks ready now? The other ones are two weeks. At what point will 12 hours of light a day be better than vegging them 24 hrs a day at 80 watts?

I am also experiencing nute burn on a couple of the leaves, and a third one has wrinkled leaves. Are the wrinkled leaves from over watering or nute burn? And what can I do about the nute burn? Just flush with water? It's a mix of FF ocean forest and perlite I am surprised it burned.

Also, what is the best way to transplant the plants? take a razor blade and cut down each side so the cup peals away? I was hoping they would get a bit larger so the roots would help hold the soil together, I am a little worried that all the perlite is going to make the soil crumble away when I transplant them.

In their final location, I will have to carry water in. It seems like more perlite aerates the soil and means the plants use more water so it seems like using *less* perlite in their final pots mixed in to the soil means I will have to water them less and use less overall water. Right?

Lastly, this is going to be a guerrilla grow in southwest CO. Will the plants have time to fully mature before freezing temps come in October potentially and kill the plants?

Thanks for the advice guys! Wish me luck, haha...

--DrSativa

Attached Files:

2. @Dr_Sativa
    June 1st is the usual day we set out.
    Soil mix is a double bladed sword. The more loose it is the faster the roots can push through but the cost is fast drying.
    BNW

3. Thanks So I should move them outside now and will have better results if I do it now vs. waiting? Even with the smaller ones? They only sprouted a couple weeks ago which is why I was skeptical.

4. I'd move them out. The days start getting shorter on the 21st so your nearly have way through the veg time for outside. They start to flower about mid Aug.
    BNW

5. OK, thanks. What's the best way to transplant them, cut each side of the cup with a new razor blade? And they will start flowering in August even though they started late right? Een though they aren't autos?

6. I just get them nice and wet, roll the cup in my hands one time to push the soil away from the edges, put the stem between my middle and ring finger and flip it right over. It will pop right out in a nice firm piece that you can then just plant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ok, well I am going to move four of the biggest ones out today I hope the soil isn't too loose to transplant from all the perlite. Wish me luck... and thanks for the advice guys.

8. A finger along each side of the stem, Flip upside down and tap the bottom slightly. The plant should slip out with a minimum of lost soil.
    Ya the hours fall enough to trigger flower mid August.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. are you going to plant derictly in the ground or put them in bigger pots OP?

10. 3 gallon plastic bag pots. Could only move 3 today. The bag of ocean forest soil I hauled up there ran out :(

11. Nice ! try putting them into 5 gallon buckets after the 3 gallon bags run out of space for the roots , the bigger the pot bigger the plant!!

12. True, but the 3 gallon bags are fairly large (they may actually be 5 gallon) and seeing a they will only have a month and a half to veg before flowering starts in August I doubt they will outgrow the pots by much, if they do, and I have at least 8 female plants that'll be a lot of bud!

It better be a lot of bud, it's hard work carrying soil and water and cannabis plants at least 3 miles up a mountain. And my final cost is going to be just under $500. I hope I get close to a pound.

13. 3 miles up a mountain... Damn just hide it in your backyard...

14. 500$ 1lb = closet grow

15. Jesus miles ? I'm sometimes too lazy to water mine and they are in my house! Haha that's some TPB stuff lol

16. For real i dont like having to reach to the back of the tent to water 3 miles mannnnn just grow in a closet

17. Is that profile pick the view from your spot ima raid

18. Lmao no that is the blue ridge mountains, you would be looking for my weed an awful long time there.

19. I have my reasons...

20. Those blue ridge mountains are about 30 mins away