When Should I Go Into Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stillmorebounce, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Wats up Grasscity Peeps,

I have a large size pc grow box currently growin a chrystal feminized seed from Nirvana Seeds. I started germinating the seed for this plant about 25 days ago. If you look at the picture below, this is where the plant is currently in its growth stage. I need to know when to switch this girl to the flowering period (12/12)?

Additional Info:

watering the plant with (Fox Farm Nutes) @ 1/4 strength every other day (458 ppm)
    watering the plant with regular distilled water @ 263 ppm on the other day
    soil type - organic soil by miracle grow
    ph of soil remains around 7-8
    4 cfl bulbs currently running) (6700K)

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. that sir all depends on you, how tall do you want this plant? how much room do you have to grow this plant (vertical height)? mine were about that size when i put them into flowering, which was 3 weeks ago, they have since tripled in size, outgrowing the box they were in. ive got the same basic setup as you, and currently they are about 18-20" tall from the soil up. if you've got the room, veg it for a little longer, bigger plant means higher yield.

3. #3 Ilovethisplant, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    what is the size of the grow box?

how many sets of leaves do you have right now?

how are you getting 263ppm with regular distilled water and no nutes? typo?

Id probably flip the switch in the next day or so- i let mine veg for 35 days and they blew up from 8 inches tall to 16 inches tall in 10 days ..... nirvana AK48. THey are showing no signs of slowing down either.

4. Keep in mind it will double in size through the flowering stage

5. usually i prefer to go, four weeks after veg, but thats also because i'm using a 150 hps for that. It all depends on how big you want you plants to be, because the more you spend on veg, the more buds you get. also keep in mind some plants can almost tripple in size during flowering

6. Or even triple, like my little sativa did.