When should I flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gilman420, Jun 7, 2015.

1. I tried it very carefully and I have got it.  You are right tho, the stem is pretty thick.  I pinched it gently and gently bent it in different areas along the stem.  They are both doing great and the branches are bending up ward :)  I am going to put pics up later today.  I am going to try and use the digital camera.

2. #23 joe 60, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    looks good gilman420 you have just pulled them down enough to encourage the lower nodes to grow, you done a great job fellow
    the only problem I can see is you don't have the light reflecting back on the plants so your wasting a lot of light

3. #24 Gilman420, Jun 10, 2015
    Yea, I know and it hurts a little inside.  I am working on it.  I know not to use foil.  What type of paint is best for cardboard?  My downstairs neighboors just got a new regfriderator so, I want to use their box and paint it white.

Edit: So, no box, but I put up a white sheet in hopes that might help just a little bit.

4. #25 joe 60, Jun 10, 2015
    don't worry fellow we will sort it out [​IMG]

the best paint is white matt

good ideal using cardboard, if you can make a box shape with an open top and bottom about 3ft high and hang it from the celling with hooks and chain

when the light reflects off cardboard you can see a line caused by the mh hood,  you want to keep the line a couple of inches from the top of the cardboard so you will use all the light  [​IMG]
    by doing this the heat will be able to escape but you can trap all the light

just seen this (Edit: So, no box, but I put up a white sheet in hopes that might help just a little bit)

looking at you setup, reflecting all the light back on the plants could give your plant 30-40% more light

5. No problem man, you will love that lamp. Good luck with everything. What a killer deal and good quality taboot

6. Oh boy!  I am reaching critical high temps today.  It just started going down, but my thermometer registered a high of 102 degrees today!!!!!!!!!!!  I am worried I will be accused of plant abuse.  They can't live like this.  I can't afford to buy myself any food, so an air cooler is out...so I am sorry to say...my girls are moving out of the attic tomorrow :(  I will be moving them into the stairway on the main floor.

7. its not good but a lot of growers get temps this high and there plants are ok,
    just make sure the humidty don't drop too low as this could do the real damage

8. If u are battling temps that high the new lamp will be of no help. What are you running rite now pushing your temps into the 100s?

9. #31 joe 60, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
    do you run your lights at night ?

so the lights on 18 hours a day at the coolest part of the day
    will drop tempt loads

if you turn them over to flower (12/12) you can avoid the hot part of the day and knock the temps down futher

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434192160.333732.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434192259.425164.jpg
    Sour diesel
    Auto

11. Look on Amazon I found a great 400w mh/Hps with the ballast hooks & hood & timer for about $130 Yu could get a 600w for about $200 Amazon is a great place to look

12. ever tried pure vigor letting the plant grow to its full potential without removing anything from the plant including dead material?

13. yes a few times when I have a lot of plants, its all about filling up the space under the light

if you grow a single plant without any trainning your going to get a large single bud, may even weigh an oz and a few small buds

14. #36 Gilman420, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    Yeah, I have been trying to flower them.  The lights were on 12/12 when it got to 104* today!  I also had them off all day.  They turn on at 7pm and off at 7am.  I already busted my ass moving everything downstairs (even hurt the indica in the move [​IMG]...I was high and all pumped up an stressed out.  I am going to keep the closet attached to our bedroom, as the flower room.  Got everything rigged up right now temporary cuz of this temperature shit.  Kinda irritating (esp. cuz I f'ed up the smaller indica plant), but I am rolling with the punches.  Once I get that light I will set everything up right and keep it like that [​IMG]

Edit: Oh and by the way the temp was reading 80* in the closet now...well the light just turned on so I will check it again and see.

15. You guys want to see my temp setup LOL?  I am kinda embarrassed, but it will be funny to look back on.  I got my medical grade babies under the t5 in my bedroom and the light is rigged up to a trash can LOL it is great, but it is working for now till I get the light.

16. Anybody around still?  I think I got something now to show you....
    View attachment 157986
    That's the new veg area with my best girls.

17. They look really healthy fellow
    great job :)

18. Here are the girls from before in their awesome setup now.  Temp stays around 80 to 86 with a humidity of 40% to 50%.  I got the HPS bulb in now and have been on 12/12 now for about 7 days.  Think they will just take over the closet lol, well once my jack herer goes in and others.  Right now they own about a quarter of the space.

View attachment 158111
    View attachment 158112