when should i expect buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CloudN9ne67, Dec 22, 2011.

1. The plant sprouted in the beginning of October and its almost two feet tall now. When should i expect to see actual buds forming? Its been in the preflower stage with the white hairs for what seems like a very long time now

1.JPG

photo.JPG

photo (1).JPG

2. Have you actually changed to 12/12? Or are you still in veg?

3. Plant flower based on light schedule not time...it's needs to have 12 hours light and 12 dark to start flowering and make sure you have no light leaks...looks like you have a potassium deficiency which is probably due to lockout if you been giving it nutes and havent flushed it lately...good luck

4. No I originally had it on 12/12 when It first sprouted. I had it like that for a while before someone told me i had the light cycle wrong so I so I changed it and the white hairs appeared and I think it was way too early for that. Idk this plant is all fucked up. Part of me wants to chop it down and start over now that I slightly know what I'm doing

5. its probably in veg since its not growing buds or anything good

6. It looks fine to me...put it on 12/12 and give it a good flush then put it on a flower feeding schedule which has more P and K

7. u have to sacrifice a virgin in order to get the plant to flower...
    naw, just listen to theses guys cannabis needs a photoperiod change from 24/24-18/6 change to 12/12, cannabis is a short day plant (fall harvest)

8. #8 janemba, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    although a photoperiod change will triger flowering, ive had plants on a 24h light cycle, change to 18/6 and start flowering on me, i guess the plant was used to 24h and the change its self triggered it to flower just because it was a photo change. so with that said, maybe go a week or two with the lights 24/24, or 18/6 till the plant adjust, then change it back to 12/12 to trigger the flower cycle

and u dont want to cut the lights less then 12/12 because u want as much light to absorbe, and metabolize during lights on, and an equal amout of dark period so the plant can develope flowers (cannabis mostly develops flowers when lights are off)

9. So the plant is almost three months old. On average how old should a plant be(and i know it depends on the lights) when ready for harvest. I heard around six month's , is that about right?

10. usually 1-2 months veg and around 2 months flowering...you should read the stickies in the beginner's section...lots of good info there

11. But you don't if you don't know how to put it into flower.

Veg is 24/0 or 18/6

Flower is 12/12

That's basics dog. Gotta do your research.

12. thanks

13. i always go off, 2 months or 2 feet before i clone for sex (flowered).
    but before i put these plants into production they have been sexed after they reached 2 months old so my plants are older than that when i force them to their optimal conditions (if that makes since)

but clones (as long as the mother is mature) u can start flowering as soon ample roots are produced

14. from looking at my plant, do you think i should switch to the 12/12 cycle and start flowering? should i do this as soon as possible?

15. yes its big enough/ old enough to flower right now, and produce buds, but if u want more tops, to produce more buds, veg her out more "crop"( bend branches back by massaging stems till the "pop" to injure them so top growth is slowed, bottom branches continue to grow, then bent branches repair and continue growing producing more tops) or "top" (cut existing tops to force new bottom growth, creating more tops) cropping is more efficient.

but u said its already on 12/12, so like i said in a earlier post, u may have to re-acclimate the plant to a 24h-18/6h light schedule, then once the plant is acclimated, switch back to 12/12

16. No i said it was started on 12/12 then changed. its currently on a 5 hrs dark and 19 light.

17. wtf? why? either 24/0 or 12/12 why make it complicated?

18. Keep in mind, that your plant will at least double, to triple in size (sometimes more, for certain sativas) once you flip it to 12/12... you need to flip to flowering, when you've determined how much growth you want, and how much growth you can support, with the space you have.
    So do you have another one, to two-plants worth of head space in your grow area, not including the light (and while keeping adequate distance between the buds and the light itself)?

If not, I'd suggest moving it, training it down a bit, or taking and rooting clones :)

19. oh my bad, yeah if u want to flower now, go for it... or u can veg out

20. plants will not always stretch, if u keep day and night temps under control, u can keep plants from tripling in size. but most of these gardens do not have night time temp control. so in that regard u are right