When Should I Crop My Plant (W/Pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CmMx112, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Whats up guys. So me and a friend of mine have been growing one plant for about 3 months. Shes been doing great. And from the looks of it, she might be dried out by the time 4/20 rolls around... But I was wondering, how much longer should I let her grow before I should cut her down... These pics were taken about 5 days ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. idk i just wanted to let you know that your plant is pretty damn sexy.

3. Hahaha, thanks man! She's my baby, lol. Ima smoke the shit outta her :devious:

4. It's hard to say exactly but I'd give it atleast 4 more weeks, likey more to reach peak potency.

5. Gotcha. I had a feeling she wouldnt be ready until the end of the month. I cant wait to smoke her though :D

6. Thats a damn good looking plant. lol
    bet you cant wait to smoke her. hah

7. How long she been flowerin like 4-5 weeks? I'd give her a flush top cola looks to be a couple weeks out, take a pic with some light behind you so we get a good closeup then we'll be able to tell you more precisely when shes ready fer the hack.

8. yeah i fapped to this plant a second ago.

arent you a bit worried about growing an obvious marijuana plant using a window?

9. ya bro your looking at another month till you can cut and a couple weeks of drying wont hit 4/20 and you should definitly cure it too for best smoke which will take a couple more weeks to a couple more months after drying

10. Naa, its in the country, and from the window it looks like a green blob...

And how do I cure the plant? Im a semi-newb when it comes to growing, lol.

11. im sure theres a thread on it, but you just want to put it in an air tight container like a masons jar and let it air out like three four hours a day till it fits your needs. this just completly drys the bud increasing thc potency since thc activates after its dried and it increases the taste smell and it burns better. if you dont cure your stuff will smell just like plain old homegrown which isn bad but kinda similar to hay youll still get high your bud just wont reach its fullest potential

12. I just did alot of research... Im ready :hello:

13. good shit patience is the hard part lol

14. Those have some time to go brotha. Btw dumb and dumber = classic

15. You grew that using a window? Cool shit. How do you get it to lollipop like that or did it just grow that way naturally?

16. Unbelievably, it takes until the 16th post in this thread for you to get the only correct answer: look at the trichs under 25x-75x magnification to know when to harvest. But from the looks of that plant you have quite a ways to go.

Cure after drying. To cure you jar them up tight and open them for about 10-20 minutes per day, for at least 2 weeks though a month would be better.

That plant doesn't look lollipopped, it looks stretched, which would make sense considering its a window grow and we're just coming out of Winter.

17. this guy is growing in a window you think hes gonna have 25x-75x magnifier? and you said nothing of what to look for so you did not answer his question.. just wait till about 70% or more of the pistils turn orange/red if you do have a magnifier youll be looking for the crystals to be clear for peak harvest they have three stages milky, clear, and amber

18. Here op.. I think this guide will help you out a lot.. A guide on when to harvest..

If you like it leave a comment to keep the thread alive.. :smoke:

You've still got a while to go, but the wait will be worth it.. :wave:

19. I like how the plant turned out. For a window grow, I think it looks great.

20. Thanls. I did alot of research on curing... I plan on doing that after harvesting

Yea, Ive got a pretty good idea of when to chop her down. I may be off by a week or so, but hopefully that wont make a major difference.

Thanks for the link! :wave: I just cant wait to harvest her. I dont plan on getting any more than 3 grams out f it, but I just want to be able to say Ive smoked MY own bud :smoke: