when should i change my lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 1102020, Sep 23, 2019.

1. im growing 4 plants with this 5w lumen:450
    grow light. plants seems they're growing fast and this is day 16. IMG_20190923_2229492.jpg IMG_20190923_2230274.jpg

2. I would change asap...what do you plan on changing to?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. i don't know maybe 2weeks more.
    i can move them to greenhouse or i can buy a light.which one do you prefer?
    btw i guess this curent light is enough.

4. Change it now look in your house if you have a ''desk lamp'' so you can get 6500k CFL bulbs, higher wattage the better! Put them next to the plant like 3 inches away it will help with spectrum and intensity! It already looks in the shade and growing spindly ! Look for a Quantum Board grow light or Vivosun have a nice kit 400w on amazon very cheap!!

5. and congratulations on your first grow!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. i tried 3cfls(6500k) for seedlings and i still think this led i have is better.
    as long as i'm growing bagseeds im just trying to focus on the main plant.
    other plants are backups for if the main plant turn out to be male. they are growing great. should i switch to 600w now?

7. thank you.

8. for seedling I agree but you are going over that seedling stage when you see first set of true leaf. Now is the time give them a lil more intensity! Not saying to ditch your led, just sugesting to add the CFLs as they are now in vegetative stage.

edit yeah ok sorry i read it again and said ''change it'' but always add light never remove them is more the moto

9. It is a fantastic hobby! wish you lots of good time and good smoke!

• Like Like x 1
  10. thanks for your help!
    i have other plants in greenhouse and they are much slower.
    i guess im gonna leave them with this light until they get slower.
    and what do you think about topping in early stages? as you can see one of the plants have been topped. i topped it after 4th set of leaves.

11. #11 Laucass83, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    You are talkin about plant in a green house, ...it depends on your location. I am in a zone5A (or Montreal Canada) and plants in a green house here won't last enough plus you should look at your solstice date since under 14hrs you are triggering flower cycle. I would not spend more energy, time or money on them excet if you have a nice plan for indoor setup!
    Look at what growing indoor space you have and make the cut! Choose the stongest and bushiest of all. Get the best light you can! you will need at lat 40w per sq, ft of ''out of the wall true wattage''.
    talkin about topping ...LST or Low Stress Trainnaing needs to come with good light and providing good grow conditions,
    a good place to go for accurate informations is
    www. growweedeasy,com
    a fantaastic refference for growers!
    cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  12. reason i reffer to grow weed easy is not arrogant in any way. I don't kwon from where you start and I still believe this site is the best refference ever.

• Like Like x 1
  13. More lights means more flowers. Think of the intensity of the sun we see every day. That’s what we’re trying to mimic inside. Those small leds are perfect for seedlings but once those plants get to a certain age, they need more light intensity. A plant in low light will naturally put all its energy into stretching so it can find more light. If it doesn’t get good light, it’ll just keep stretching and you’ll end up with a spiny plant.