When people say thats so "gay" I tend to roll my eyes.

Discussion in 'General' started by gdudeganja, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Wow... very well fucking said. Thank you for taking the words out of my mouth. haha This forum is retarded. :D

2. No, a fanny pack is indeed gay.

3. It's always annoyed me a lil.

4. I don't have a problem unless the word is used negatively against a person, although calling your friend a gay lord can be humorous.

I have a friend who's gay and he often says shit like "ah gay, why did that happen" etc. basically not to describe people, but things. I use the word, and I don't give a shit. Same with the N word, it only has a negative meaning if its given one.

5. I know people hate each other, im no idiot. I'm just saying, if you have nothing against gays but you use that phrase often, you are an ignorant asshole. If you hate gays, then its understandable that you'd use it, and youre just an asshole.

6. Also sorta on the same subject, I wear a pouch on my side that's a little fanny pack-like. I usually carry my weed and pipe.
    It is in fact gay though, since it used to suck me off everynight. All i get is nagging nowadays, dumb bimbo.

7. i had a teacher back in high school who used to get on everyone's case for saying "gay". but then i realized she kind of had a point because in a way isnt it like saying, that's so "n-word" er anyother derrogative term?

8. I guess I'm an ignorant asshole then ..gaaaaaay

gay is just a word, 3 little letters, it can mean more than one thing you know, it is possible to separate connotations. 60 years ago people used to say gay to express happiness, and today some cultures say it as slang to mean lots of shit.

have a gay day,

9. Not here.

I know people who wear them over their shoulder (like a sash) over their chest for holding
    money drugs and other small items.

Saves having a big ass backpack on when you got to run.

10. I use the term ironically

as in

This thread is so gay.

11. No fanny packs are the gayest thing on the planet

12. HAHAHA.

Not nearly as gay as a homosexual who gonna slip you
    a roofie then rape you.

Your day will come.

13. Oh well I knew that already haha :smoke:

14. #54 gloppypop, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    I use it.

Stuff can be referred to as "shitty" without literally being covered in feces. Stuff can be referred to "stupid" without literally being unintelligent.

I mean, god damn, quit being so politically correct.

15. it's not about what's 'politically correct', it's about being respectful
    sheesh :rolleyes:

16. I don't see a problem with describing things as gay, whatsoever. There's equally nothing wrong with disliking homosexuals. Tolerance doesn't mean acceptance, it means putting up with it. You don't have to like or support it.

17. #57 gloppypop, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    Oh, really? And the way to be respectful is to use "gay" in a politically correct definition, right? :rolleyes:

To be honest, it's not really my fault (nor concern) if a gay person is offended if I call something "gay".

Sure, I'm not being P.C., but it's not like I'm discriminating or trying to offend gay people..

18. I suppose i understand what you are saying...sort of. I just thought about it because the word was being exclaimed over and over. hearing it shouted over and over sort of got me thinking that over all of the other words that could be used, one that singled out a group of people was used. Like my dad is jewish, and hearing people say that they got "jewed" really bugs me. calling things gay and saying that you "got jewed" just doesn't make sense to me. i don't bring it up in conversation when people say these things, i just sort of roll my eyes. If these are just words then why is it in such bad taste to say ******? I'm not trying to say what people should and should not say, and trust me i am not very politicly correct. I'm just wondering why we use words that refer to a group of people over words like shit and fuck. Why say you got jewed buying that tv when you can just as easily say you got fucked.

19. dood that's so gay

20. And I'm not trying to offend black people when i say ******, it still offends them. And since i'm white its a huge social faux pas to say. So i just wonder WHY do we use these words instead of other words? WHY say ****** or jew or faget when we can say fuck, shit, damn it? You know, i feel like i'm not explaining myself well enough. Its not just calling things gay, its all of the different minority slurs we use. WHY do we use them? HOW can we claim to have nothing against the group of people, but then use their title when we are talking about something bad? It seems like the only group of people that don't have any slurs against them are hetero white men.