When It Comes To Cleaning The Pax

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by DoeDabs, May 27, 2014.

1. I see almost everyone on youtube using alcohol to clean their pax with the exception on one person who said they used goo gone. Is it harmful to use alcohol tho?, cus when you vape again wont you at first be vaping off the access alcohol? Does anyone clean with anything other than alcohol?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Alcohol will evaporate. :)....I use alcohol.

^^ This. Use rubbing alcohol to clean up your Pax. Goo Gone has other stuff in it that might not evaporate, so I'd avoid it. With ISO, you know its going to evaporate away 100%. I used alcohol as well when I used my Pax as my daily driver.

4. Alright cool i jus wasnt sure if it stuck around or not thanks for the replies

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. If youre still skeptical after you clean it, turn it on to maximum heat and blow from the bottom (with an empty chamber and the screen removed). This will help the alcohol to evaporate more quickly.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Speaking of screens, you probably want to get a pack of replacement screens. Those things get pretty nasty after a few uses and it really screws up the taste.

7. Actually you can get a screen back to looking like new! If you have some Zen pipe cleaners or any similar ones, bend a part of it all the way over and dip the corner of it in alcohol. Use this corner to scrape all the gunk of the screen should go back to looking like new in about 5 - 10 minutes! :D

That also is a good idea lol. The reason I just went with screens is when I would clean my Pax, it would take some time and I wanted to get back to using it lol. So, just popped in a new screen. Probably had to replace it once every 2 weeks. I only used the Pax for 1.5 months however....

9. I feel you :3 ! I remember when my pax would be dead and I wanted to use it ... The wait x_x ! But yea I had mine for about six months and never had to replace the screen cause of this technique :) ! I've sold it though. What happened to yours?

Mine sits up in my hutch as part of the collection now. I only use it when I have someone over that wants to try vaping (as its all I'll do now and I'm not going to train them on the MFLB). The Pax does great there and its been used once for that purpose. The Pax replaced my MFLB, but then instead of conserving I was right back to where I was as far as usage is concerned (I'd put maybe .4 - .5g in the oven... ugh). Talked to Iwien a bit on the forums and he encouraged me to nail the learning curve of the MFLB which I did for about a week. 

Over that week it started off as Pax then MFLB... then MFLB then Pax... then MFLB and maybe the Pax later in the night.... by the 4th day I was all MFLB and its been my daily driver ever since.

11. Awesome! I just ordered my mflb yesterday ! :D

HAHA!! Too funny! You will enjoy that little bugger...

13. #13 wtfstocks, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    use everclear if concerned with iso...if you can, use iso that is 99% as it will evaporate quicker. One technique is to set it to high after done cleaning and let it heat up so that it speeds up the evaporation. This goes for any vape, it is harmful to use immediately after cleaning with iso if it has not fully evaporated.

Sent from the moon using Grasscity Forum