when i get one I'm over it

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by skinnerbox, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Honestly having a boyfriend is really a big hassle in my life right now. This guy is nice ( a little too old for me) but really sweet
    he buys me food, took me to a concert, bought me a really sick ass sheldon black bong and all this shit

but i don't feel anything with him the entire time I'm with him I'm wondering why I'm with him. Like i'm young I don't need this kind of shit in my life right now. Plus my parents would not approve AT ALL
    so what is keeping me with him?
    nothing and i hope guilt and feeling bad for him don't make me stay with him
    because I've gone down that road and its really no fun and its unfair to me and him.
    just needed to vent. I thought I could but I guess I can't and I really can't feel sorry for anyone but myself

i'm gonna just do it and fuck his shit up for a bit
    but better now then never I always say better to stop while it's early so I won't have to waste any more time
    wish me luck
    PEACE

2. Wow, you dirty skank. You better atleast be givin this man some pussy if you gonna play him like a fuckin crash dummy.

3. That's pretty awful, be honest.

4. you probably just like the attention and the gifts... and im not saying thats bad,its only bad when you are not gonna recipricate the feelings he has towards you... dont lie to yourself or him

5. the reason i hate girls

6. dude trust me I've thought of all these things especially how he buys me shit and stuff ( i don't like it one bit) because its just one more thing that I have to make up for
    and EXCUSE ME I PUT OUT
    that's not even the issue I just think its a situation where he likes me more than I like him
    and that's a problem that I'm being honest with
    and yes I agree the attention is nice I like guys who give me attention but when it gets to a point where they are dependent upon me I just CAN'T HANDLE IT

and that's the part where I hate guys because they get comfortable way to fast for me and I just can't deal
    yeah I'm a bitch but I didn't know what I was getting myself into
    :( I really don't wanna go about doing this, honestly I don't know how I'm not that good at breaking up with people ( i usually think I'm being a bitch for it so I don't do it) but I'm honestly I'm going to be a bigger bitch if I stay with him (that's even worse because it would be because I felt sorry for him)
    and no one wants that

7. Fuck these haters, I understand! :) You gave him a chance, but if you're just not clicking despite everything then you are making the right decision. Pity and guilt are never good reasons to stay with someone, or fuck them for that matter.

8. #8 CREAM, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
    Fact is: the journey is much more fun than the destination. I can honestly relate to this to some extent.

While I gripe and moan about not having a gf, the fact is, there are very few out there that are truly my type, and seemingly zero that are actually single. Chances are the girl I date is more out of convenience than legitimate chemistry.

I don't see why ending it now is such a bad thing to do?

9. best thing to do now is break it off. Break ups suck Im not going to lie, but why continue in something that has no future hope. In this life you have to do what makes you happy, he'll get over it. Breaking up is not a negative at this point, continueing to be with him is...

10. yeah I did give him a chance and it's not working out for anyone but him :(
    like physically if someone sees us on the street its like one of those couples like (why is she going out with him?) kind of a deal
    (that's how honest I'm being) because its to a point where even his friends are like "no really why are you with him?" and I don't want people to think a) I'm a gold digger (he's not even rich he just spoils me) or b) that I need the attention (i don't have problems getting attention)

excuse the fact that i'm overusing parantheses I'm in study mode

11. Why'd you date him in the first place? Be honest.

Or was everything cool at first, and then you just realized the dude is zero challenge and is obviously insecure.

12. the same reason a lot of people would date someone who buys them nice things and takes them cool places.. for the cool things and nice places (weather they will admit it (to themselves or anyone) or not) sadly..

13. seems to me like you already have your mind made up about breaking it off with him, but cant muster up the courage to break up, which is understandable.

unfortunately the only way youre going to help both of you is by breaking it off. would you like to be led on by someone you think likes you and likes your company? of course not, so dont do it to him either. break it off, sigh a sigh of relief, and think about the fact that youre doing both of you two a favor.

good luck

14. everything was cool at first then I realized dude the guy was zero challenge and insecure but that doesn't make me want to never see him again. He's super chill, stoner, beach boy, surfer, snowboarder, he was in a reggae band, he has cool style but I just don't get excited seeing him or get warm and fuzzy inside or anything it's just a friendship I see here and nothing else. I just hope he feels that way (guys never do) and I hope he doesn't like go nuts or anything because of it

the same thing always happens to me I fall for the guys who act like they are independent and don't need anyone in their lives but they really would be thrilled to move to a different city to be with me or change their lifestyles for me and I'm just not comfortable with that. It makes me sad to break someone's heart but I honestly thought for his age he would be more independent but I guess NOT.

15. ok he bought me a BONG relax and he took me to bob marley fest RELAX I'm not some gold diggin bitch I've rejected way richer guys who are way cuter I just don't see that ass attractive and Ive already stated I don't like being bought with presents and treats. I don't like rich guys in general because they think they should have me because of their money FUCK THAT.

16. In the first place? No. That might keep someone around, sure.

Would it kill you to give the OP the benefit of the doubt? How do you know it wasn't a situation where she was initially attracted to the dude, but as time wore on she changed her mind. Not all girls are as calculating as you seem to assume.

17. :eek::confused::smoke::):smoke::D:cool:

18. Give me your sheldon black and end connections with him, that way you'll have a clear conscience.

19. it's a 13 inch sick ass bong named Shelly which I have a personal connection but if he wants it back I'll give it back I ain't no ho

20. #20 OneLove., Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
    ... I wanted to post up a thread as well about somewhat the same scenario. I feel like a bitch but it's the same thing you're dealing with.

I'm off at school, and I meet this awesome guy back in September. This guy'd be there for me for anything I needed. He'd help me edit my papers, I'd help him with his stuff, basically became my best friend as we got to know one another. We started hooking up and labelled it a relationship. It started with equal effort: I would be there just as much as he had. He offers to buy me shit but I don't want anything, I'm no materialist. But see, we still hook up, help one another with school stuff. We've gone out a few times and what not but I'd say we're mearly friends with benefits, this is all in University.

It seems to me as if it's just convienient for whenever he wants me, or vice-versa. It's not even like I'm getting laid, he's a virgin and I don't want that attachment. I know he'd be head over heals if he got laid, and it'd break his heart even more if we broke up.

Now I feel as if this guy's in love with me, he'll do anything, apparently, for me. I told him I'm getting uncomfortable, he tells me we're perfect for one another. Do I want that, though? I mean, I love his company and he's a fantastic person, but guys, once they get really attached it's like they're suffocating us, man. I don't like to be smothered. I told him about my concern, the fact that I'm confused: What is this shit? It's really an inclusive friends-with-benefits set up but he calls me his girlfriend. I do sometimes think "why the fuck am I with him?"

People have told me I've lowered my standards and dropped off, but I'm not narrow minded. This guy has great qualities but I don't know sometimes what he does for me. Sometimes I don't know if he gives a flying fuck about me because if it's not convienient for him, I'm not to be there, and I don't deserve that.

We're figuring it out next week but really, I don't want all that attachment. I'm young as well and I feel as if I'm spending alot of time on something that'll probably never work out as he needs a girl that's sappy and is all over his dumb ass.

Also, to the comments:
    I find it too funny when the girls want the lack of attachment and the first comments call it awful or the girl a bitch. C'mon, guys can be emotionally sappy and clingy, too. Keep it real, it happens to every gender. I'm real confused, though.

It's not attention, and it's definetly not gifts. I get neither. So typically I just feel bad. Where the fuck does that leave me?