when for males

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sam2020, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Hi

I'm growing 8 plants in a hydrpponics set up with a 400 w lamp in the loft. As males are my worry, when will I bel able to tell which ones are males?????

Currently they are 2 weeks and on the 24 light cycle and about 2-3 inches high

Growing Northern lights & Afghan

any advice appreciated!!

Sam

2. you'll know after you trigger flowering by adjusting the lights to 12/12.......and maybe a week or 2 into it......Peace out....Sid

3. Depends. Where did you get your seeds? If you bought them from a company, it should say the ratio of male to female. Some companys sell packs of 10 seeds that are all female. But usually you can tell just by looking at them about a 4-8 weeks into growing. Females have hairs, and males have little balls or pockets of pollen, which won't open until they are ready or forced open. You should have a maximum of a week to seperate the males from the females. And even if you do have males, you can cut them down early and smoke those puppies. :) hope that answers your question.

4. thanks but wot do ua mean by smoke those puppies, I thougth the males weren't worth it

thanks for the tips

5. males aren't worth the bother to smoke....they'll just give you a sore head.......Peace out.......Sid

6. Hell its weed, if I grow it then i'm gonna smoke it!

7. Smoke the males if you want to. I gave them a try myself, but once you have smoked properly grown female buds, you will kill the males without a thought. Distinguishing the sex of a plant, once you have seen both is ridiculously easy. The fact that this is the most common problem for first - time growers surprises me, just think balls-male-hairs female, you will know.
    Lots of luck.

8. I read on another thread you can extract hash from males is there any weight to this? I just kick the boy out of my room.

Attached Files:

9. Yes its True that u can make hash out of male plants.
    There are a lot of different ways of doing, and im sure if u look around in thes forums theres a post about "Bubble hash" and how to make it.
    Males have Equal percentages of THC in their leaves etc,So when u make hash it will have a higher percentage of THC,maybe 60-70%,because most of the plant is thrown away and youre left with a small amount of hashand if you want to make that more potent you can make "Hash-oil" which is very potent.
    But if you made hash out of female Buds,then u probably wouldnt bother with males anymore,
    CWL