When does a joke go too far?

Discussion in 'General' started by stoned_soldier, Aug 29, 2003.

1. What's out of bounds in the humourish area? Voice your opinion!

2. i had relpied ot a thread that was baout pedophil ejokes, and now its gone. amanita says she didnt close it but now i started a thread asking what happpend to the pedophile thread and she closed that too..
    so i guess thats going to far...

3. i thin anything should go......but thats just me i know some people get affended more than i do

4. I didn't close it, either.

I deleted it.

I knew that if I was getting physically sick from the jokes, with everything that I can put up with, that someone else was going to seriously freak and they did; I got a PM from a member while I was here alerting me to it...that's how I knew about it.

I have no regrets and quite honestly, I didn't even have to explain why I did it. The only reason I did is because someone questioned something that I did and I'm the type to step up and answer.

5. I feel the same way... If I can't stand it and *I get a pm from other members.. Then I will delete as well..

Good job RMJL!

6. this joke goes too far:

whats the difference between black people and the wheels on a snow plough?

the wheels on a snow plough don't scream when you put the chains on them.

:mad:

and paedofilia shit definately goes too far too... unless its a joke about how some kiddie rapist gets his head squished in a vice. hahaha.

7. rmjl... to tell you the truth i wasn't complaining... i just wnated to know what happened, thanks for answermeing my question tho

8. Completely understood and...you're welcome. :)

9. firstly - I hate black people jokes, im white but live in the 'ghetto' u could call it, and basicly im the only white person who chills wit the whole group of black people, but they dont really give a fuck, my boy dion I told you all about awhile ago was a good black friend of mine, n it REALLY pisses me off when people tell those kind of jokes.

R.I.P dion.

p.s. pedo's are just as bad..worse actually.

10. jokes that are at a persons expense...
    even if their cool w/ it
    if it hurts them in any way its not cool @ all