Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When do you think bud will be legalized in Canada?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CondescendingToker, Aug 28, 2013.

1. A few buddies and myself were doing our usual high rant about how we should all run away from life as we know it and start a grow-op out in Newfoundland. Anyways after a good hour of deep thought and well thought out planning we got into the topic when we think Marijuana will be legalized and how it will affect local growers and prices of sweet sweet Mary Jane. Anyways when so you guys think She'll be legalized and how will it affect life as we know it?

2. Chances are in the next 10 years and the prices will only go up based on the prices I've seen in dispenserys

3. bud will be legalized when enough people in the right places desire for it to happen

4. When Stephen Harper gets the fuck out. Liberals want it legalized, there's a petition by the liberal party out there somewhere, google it and sign that shit.

5. #5 CondescendingToker, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
    I'll be sure to sign it.

6. Never. It will never be legalized in America, either.

7. I predict legalization in the next 10yrs.  America or Canada.  Probably Canada first.

8. Why do you say that?

9. I just don't see it being legalized.

10. the reason why dispensaries cost as much as they are now is because all their weed is grown, handled, manicured, etc. very carefully. that's why somehow 'medicinal' became a grade [dank, mids, etc.]. so thats the price of high grade weed.

now think about like average stuff, like good mids. if weed were to be legalized you could probably get an ounce of mids for probably 10$-50$, mainly because weed would be a cash crop and companies would own FIELDS of weed and obviously since it's not indoor, and most likely not going to be trimmed by hand, it's coming at a lower quality but at a cheaper price. this is a perfect situation of quality vs quantity. 

11. If Harper loses in 2015, and if Trudeau wins...we'll have to wait another few years for laws to be written & implemented...so not before 2017 / 2018

12. Shit, isn't it at least de-crimininalized in Canada? I'm not too aware of Canada laws, but I thought it was de-criminalized up to a certain amount on a national level there.

13. Nope...not decriminalized here. If anything, with the way Harper's been gung-ho on crime-fighting (more prisons have been built, under his rule), and his way of making medical marijuana LESS accessible (via a mess of application papers/ no longer allowing personal growing medical marijuana), we have to hope he'll lose in the next federal elections.

14. For me voting liberal just for the sole reason they said they would "legalize" pot is very bad. I personally think harper is doing a good job running canada even though our opinions of weed differ. Even if liberals win (probably minority) they will have trouble passing it.

15. i think it's only a matter of time... with legalization there will be serious opportunities for lots of people to make money, including states.  I've been researching business opportunities when it is legalized.  Any ideas besides the obvious (growers, paraphernalia, etc)  ?

16. Well America is already on the for-front of legalization, with already 2 completely legal states and about 17 medical states. I think Canada will follow in the next few years hopefully. But the liberals are not the way to go! They are only proposing to legalize to get people back on their side... Which is not a good enough reason to vote for those money hungry liberals. BC is currently undergoing a provincial wide petition ending Nov 1, which if successful would hopefully decriminalize and potentially pave the road for future legalization.

It's my hope that the citizens of Canada come forward and speak up about the injustice of criminalizing such and amazing and helpful plant!!!

Keep toking my Fellow Canadians!!
    PS -- (Fuck Stephen Harper)

17. [​IMG]

All around us, but Idaho will never be legal. Damn conservative republicans in this state.
    But state law doesn't even really matter when the federal DEA has said that they will continue to pursue federal offenders, regardless of state laws.

18. First step would be to get that tool Harper out of office.   The Liberals were well on their way to decriminalization and legalization before the Conservatives took over and fucked it all up.

19. THAT ALLL BS. dispencaries sell all type of bud listening to ppl like you makes me hurt and laugh at the same time. right now i can walk down the street and get 14gs of shake for 15. or go to another club and get $5 grams of some groossssss asssss weeeeddd. theres no fucken didfference. what growers do you think sell to the dispencarys? the same ones that sell to ppl on the street. unless there getting paid just growing for once club(thats really rare). i dont smoke the schawgg but alot of clubs are selling it. medicinal is not a "grade" stop tryna act like you kno shit when in reality ur clueless. ur confusing ppl. and no id rather pay my expensive price then smoke some booboo ass weed for 15 an oz. id rather pay my 180 and get %29 thc bud

20. Ive heard that if they legalize weed they are going to have "ride" programs specific for weed which would be horrible because I drive stoned all the time.