Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When do jobs drug test new hires?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nujabes GC, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Hey blades, so I officially have a job as a lifeguard now (which I will be a responsible one at that), I don't plan on smoking on the job or being impaired in any way during the job so don't worry about that. My question is (and this job IS for a city), when do they drug test? I assumed since it was a city life-guarding job I'd be tested, but I start work on the 20th in 2 days. I already have all the equipment for the job (uniforms etc...) and I already have my schedule filled out for the next 2 weeks. Shouldn't I have been tested by this point? Will they test at all? Should I just wait until I officially start before taking a toke? It has been well over 2 months since my last toke due to the job hunt.

Any info / advice would be great. I really do want to toke but I'd rather be on the safe side!

Peace

2. i work at a water park, and they say the dt's are random but it always seems fixed. they prolly will but idk what to tell you. Ive heard people getting back to back tests but it could be different for you. All i know is im not a LG and i dont get tested and never have been after my second season so im safe.:hello:

...atleast i think i am:confused:

3. Make friends on the job and ask I'd say a week or two in. If you've gone 2 months w/o I am sure you can take 2 more weeks or so just to be safe. I was an LG for 2 summers and most of them party at night in the area I was at so they would be happy to fill you in.

As for my experience, I believe it was "random" but we were told a week to 3 days in advance plenty of time to flush that shit out especially with such a physical job where you can burn the THC out of your fat and drink tons of water since you need to be hydrated anyways.

4. Why are you asking us? When you filled out the app there would have been something saying if you would take one, and you could have asked. Also they test you BEFORE they hire you. So if you did not get a pre-hire test im sure you wont get a post.

5. #5 Nujabes GC, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
    I'm asking because I've looked and looked and have not seen 1 thing mentioned whatsoever about any form of drug testing. And I would feel very sketchy asking my employer "do you guys drug test." Simple as that...

Edit: and kryptiq thank you for the advice this is what I was considering except I don't know my fellow guards too well yet. Also they are pretty young (most still in high school) while I'm going to be a junior in college. But I will ask one once I get more comfortable with them. Thanks + rep