When do I start with lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gb1, Sep 18, 2006.

1. I just started germinating my seeds 2 days ago in wet paper towel. They haven't sprouted yet, but when they do and I plant them, how soon do I begin lighting them?
    Thanks
    gb1

2. When you see the seed crack and a little white root pop out thats when you plant it in soil (read the guide). And I personally put it under a light asap, doesn't hurt it so you don't have to check too often, let it grow

3. Thanks, my problem is I won't be able to get my lighting setup for a few weeks, I'm getting a SunLeaves Pulsar Two-Way HP/MH mini high intensity grow light 250W. Do you know if I can remove the seeds from germinating now and continue germinating w/ the same seeds in a few weeks and still produce a sprout? Also, should I start lighting the sprouts with a less powerful light like a 20w fluoro and then switch to the MH during Veg. and HP during flowering?

Thanks
    gb1

4. Just get some cheap fluros and use them until you get the grow light

5. You want to remove the seeds from germination? Well moving them at all will kill them most likely, as your supposed to remove them from the towels and place them in the seed germination cube asap.

It's recommended that right hwen you see a sprout, drop it in soil (again read the guide with what soil and how much, remembering to pre-water it) and have yes as shadows said a cheap cfl will do. You can leave it under the cfl 2 weeks no problem and it'll continue to grow.