When do I start the 18/6 light schedule?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bubba ray green thumb, Aug 31, 2017.

1. My seeds have now sprouted all 20 of them. They are now between 4 to 6 inches tall. I have had the light on 24 hrs a day since they sprouted 2 days ago. Should I now go to the 18/6 light schedule or wait a few days then do it? Some say they need a 24 hour light schedule for the first month but is this correct ?

2. Either is fine. It's up to you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I always use 18/6 - the sun doesn't shine 24/7. Are you growing 20 plants? I hope you have a lot of light.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have 4 600 watt led lights, or the led equal to 600 watts, in each room. Looks like one of those alien spaceships on tv when they open the door and it blinds people, lol. By the way is this too much for them?

5. Are those actual 600watts or equivalent?

6. 600 watt led equivalent. Not sure actual watts. Will have to check later.

7. If they're 600watt equivalent they're probably only about 250 watts. What is the brand name of the lights?

8. Galaxy Hydro.

9. Those lights only pull 230 watts - 2 plants max per light. You can't go by the equivalent, actual watts is all that matters. If you want to grow 20 plants you'll need 10 of those lights, unless you do SOG. Good luck.

10. Thanks for the info. I have 8 so I will order 2 more today.

11. or you could just grow less plants and make them bigger. reckon im on for a good 700g from my current auto and shes got 2 similar mars hydro lights (270a/w) to herself.

12. I thought you said you had only 4 of those lights.

13. #13 MickFoster, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    You're saying that you're growing an auto and that you're going to yield 700 grams off of 270 watts? With all due respect - I don't believe it. No way 2 - Mars 300 lights will produce 700 grams. Pictures please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #14 FiferNoob, Aug 31, 2017
    thats 2 x 270w lol. theyre the mars 600 old models. thats my last one that got 400g from. this ones already 3 times the size and still got over a month left. only on my second grow. do a lot of studying though and it pays off : ) image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. #15 bubba ray green thumb, Aug 31, 2017
    I said I have 4 lights in each room. I have 2 different strains and 2 rooms with 10 plants per room and 4 lights in each room. Yea sorry about that I only said each room in my post and didnt specify I had 2 rooms.

16. i think the general consensus with leds seems to be that 50w per square foot is about optimum. so a 3ft x 3ft space would be 9 square feet so requires 450w in whatever denominations. mines is 1m x 1m so i went for 540w as i believe, from what reliable looking sources i can find, that any more would just be a waste of electricity

17. Those are some pretty plants. I am trying hard and hopefully mine do great. I am a first time grower so I dont expect to get it perfect this time but I can always hope. I have done farming all my life so I may have an advantage. Time will tell but so far my sprouts are beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thanks man, shes a bit battered and bruised at the minuit tbh as been working a lot but shes getting there. the first grow is all about trial and error though. i stunted the first one (top pic) for the first 4 weeks. she was N tox the whole time and deficient in most other things. learned eventually i had the pump on too high and was drowning her. took me a full month though lol. just gotta keep reading up and dialing in your set up. i thankfully found a sort of mentor on another site who helped me understand what i was doing. you wont get this kind of yield in soil but coco works just as well as hydro if its done right : )