when do i harvest ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gameplayguru, Feb 1, 2009.

1. total newbie when do i cut and hang ? pic enclosed . thanks,

outdoor grow with supplemental flouro closet lighting, 4 hours out side 8 hours in closet then 12 darkness,,,

Attached Files:

2. Nice bud there. You harvest when the trichomes are to your liking - best to do a search on that and see pics. You really need a magnifier, essential growing equipment really. Good luck.

3. There are several techniques used in determining maturity. I'm w/ cantharis on this, I go by trich myself. I prefer them cloudy, not quite amber. Some use the hair method which is when 85% of the hairs turn color, they harvest, others use the leaves to determine harvest time, when the larger leaves surrounding the buds yellow and the buds have used up all the available sugars and such in the leaves, they will harvest.

I personally think that plant has a couple weeks yet, have you started flushing? It is always a good idea to flush the last 2 weeks, I usually go 3 b/c I hit the plants w/ molasses the first week I begin my flush.

less

4. i just bought the radio shack magnifier !!! oh my god ! i have never seen anything so amazing in my life !!!! my tris are clear and long like crystal stalagmytes or some crazy alien world plant !!! woohooo,

so when they are mostly amber i cut and hang ???

5. That depends......When all are cloudy, you will have a heady high, whereas when the trichs are all amber....it is a stoned out couch lock high.I wait until 30-50% of the trichomes have gone from cloudy to amber, to get a combination high. If they are all clear....it is too early.
    That's cool that you were able to get up close and personal with your buds:D It's a trip to see those close-ups. For me.....its the pay-off for all the work and research.

6. best money i ever spent!

wait for 30-50% amber and your good to go!

7. exactly where do i look for the trichomes all i see is barbs like babrbed wire on the leaves do i look at the buds or the leaves ?? help

8. #10 agent_00_trees, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    Well since the bud is what you are going to be harvesting, check the buds. :cool:
    Yeah, what you are describing sounds like the trichomes.
    [​IMG]

9. #11 gameplayguru, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    well isee the buds there white specks everywhere, when i look at your pictures i see the barbs on the bottom right and i see the globules like a barb with a ball on the end , is that the trichome ?? the one with the bulb at the end ?

and what do i look at exactly do i grab a white hair from the bud ? or the little leaves on the bud enclosed is the latest pic
    also when its time to harvest what are the steps ? cut and hang for a week >? then turn the buds in tuperware ?

Attached Files:

10. Yes, that's the trich. To get a good look at your trichs, snip a very tiny piece, like a quarter of the size of a grain of rice is plenty, put it on a white piece of paper, and examine it under magnification under regular lighting (not HPS lighting).

11. Nice macro photography!!!!

12. Great pic, agent. +rep

13. keep up the good work that looks nice