when do i add nutrients to my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganjaMan42o, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ok i just planted my geminated seeds in my soil, like how many weeks or days untill i can start adding my miracile grow all purpose plant food in my water?

2. Wait about 2-3 weeks until the leaves start to look a lighter green color.Then start 1/8th to 1/4 strength each week with water between and work your way up.

3. I fert mine as soon as they sprout. All plants like nutes, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn´t nourish them as soon as possible.

4. i have the same miracle grow solution laying around my house. this solution wouldnt harm the plant?

5. i'm wondering the same thing.

6. well i was to by others on here that thats a good feeder to use as the beginner i am.

7. so should i use like less nutes since its it would be a baby?

8. Some people will tell you that you should - but I feed mine with the same organic comfrey fert I give to the grown ups.
    Perhaps you should dilute it if you are using MG chemicals - but I feel if you are that worried maybe you shouldn´t be using chemicals at all.

9. can you grow without nutes ? the whole process i mean..

10. I was under the impression that Rapid-Grow has certain chemicals in it to keep the acidity of the soil down, great for sexing and so forth.

and if you put it in potting soil, you should put some more nutrients after 3 weeks.

11. i used the all purpose for my plant in veg didnt hurt it one bit. i went by label on back that is feed every 10 days

12. Well at some points you can kill it if you over-feed it.

and cause acidity in the soil, its like drinking. you can do a little with time in between, but when you start binge drinking you hurt your liver =]

13. ok o do u think i should let it grow for like 2 weeks or so then start the feed? plz let me know what to do.

14. That will work fine. Start nutes off at a low dose. Little plants don't need much.

15. nice thank you much:hello:

16. #16 cantharis, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008

I imagine that you could - give no nutes whatever and rely on what was in the soil at the start, which would eventually become diminished.
    But if the soil was peat with little nutrition at the beginning, the plants would be small, weak and sickly. It is like you, how long would you survive without nutrition - you wouldn´t die immediately - as long as you had water - but you would eventually.
    I expend an awful lot of effort into growing my bed of Russian comfrey, which makes me a kick-ass organic fert (link below if you want). Mostly for my MJ crop, but I also grow cacti which benefit from it as well. And I supplement that with BioCanna, an organic fert made here in Spain specifically for MJ. If I didn´t use the ferts that I do I would never get near the pound of dried/cured a plant that I currently get, IMHO.

17. yerh that makes sense, i should think properly before i type lol cheers pal

18. You´re welcome.