When did you get your first tattoo

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Huey_Freeman, Jul 23, 2013.

1. I was going to post this in the official tattoo thread but I could not find it so I made my own.

Anyways at what age did you get your first tattoo and what inspired you to do so?

2. I was 20 when I got my 1st one. The birth of my daughter inspired me to get her name tattooed on me. It was a spur of the moment thing and I will get it covered with something better dedicated to her.

3. I was 20 when I got my first two.  I guess I did it to be more of what I wanted to see on myself.

4. I was 18 and I honestly just felt like breaking the ground for what was to come and my friend had drawn me a tattoo he said should be my first one.

5. I was 21. 1981. It's a panther head that cost $20. I got it to cover up another fucked up tattoo that i got when I was 18. I'd like to get my avatar tatted on my right shoulder but it would probably run me a thousand bucks.

6. i was 19 when i got my first....its a good friend of mine's initials on my right butcheek, he got mine on his (before anyone says anything its no homo, people always bring that up) since then i ve gotten one a year

7. I was 18 years old and mistakenly got a heart with the nickname of my Hs sweetheart next to it... God damn was I stupid

8. A month after my 21st birthday I got my first, which was a design I'd been considering since my 18th birthday. Within 6 weeks after my first I got 2 more.

9. 17 years old in koh samui Thailand, half drunk thought yeah i need a tattoo in my life, so yeah , 
    actually i like it and its extremely well done for a shack tatoo.

and another 1 year ago in Bangkok on my back, i am looking for a full piece but its so hard to choose 

10. 1st tat i got i was 21 i think. Last one was 28. Been 3 years need to get more

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. 17 i had to go out of state of that because they were illegal.  went with my mom and got it done.  she said she wouldnt have let me get it if she knew you bled so much

12. how does that ink not get into your blood and create problems? Probably a stupid question but I've always wondered

13. i got drunk and let my room mate tattoo my lip in 2009 i think it was.  let an apprentice do one on my thigh a year or two ago. got drunk let my brother tattoo my other thigh.  the drunk tattoo's not so good. apprentice one i like.

14. i got all my tattoos during my senior year. my first one was like a week after i started my senior year. just kept getting more n more ever since. 

Hm, I dunno about you but I've never bled while being tattooed...

Anyways, I was 18 and it was an image from a band's album cover. Got it from a friend's cousin in their garage; its an ugly fucker but I love it.

16. well i mean.. yea.. initials on an ass cheek lol.. wtf

i was 16

17. ^^well nothing i can do about it now other than get it painfully burnt off. Anyways if it was for homo reasons id admit to it, after all this is the internet and you dont know me

18. High school cuz that's wen all the cool kids get inkd

March 1969, I was 18 and it was an act of rebellion against my parents. About the only people who had tattoos back then were military, which I wasn't.