Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When did 9 to 5 become 9 to 6?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GreenLady36, Jun 3, 2009.

1. I'm still a student, but I'm a part time gas station clerk. I decided to go full time this summer and so far its been hell. I work 7 hour shifts, but I work 6 days a week! 42 hours. And there's no set times. Sometimes its 7am-2pm, others its 3pm-10pm, etc...

2. 9 Hour Days with either a one hour lunch break or a 30 minute lunch with two 15 minute breaks.

-C

3. 12 hour days for 28 days then 28 days off.

4. this is why crusties and squatters exist. some people would rather live like bums and homeless people than succumb to this life of working for someone elses benefit. i wont do it. i think its a waste of life, only needed for material possessions. you shouldnt have to work just to live. especially the work schedule the average american is on. think about 40 hours a week for the rest of your life, or until you're too old to do it anymore. thats how they trick you. 'work now, retire young!' but fucking 50 years old is not young. by that point you would have already wasted your life working for some corporate douchebag you'll never even meet.

5. It's never changed. The whole '9 to 5' thing doesn't count lunches, breaks, etc.

I get a chuckle out of people who whine about such things. Try working 12 hour days on salary rather than hourly then come back and bitch :)

Be thankful you have a job. The same cannot be said for a lot of people these days.

6. just because one thing sucks more, doesnt mean the other sucks any less. of course there are worse things. there are always worse things. by your logic you'd be hung up and skinned in a cage and say 'hey, this isnt too bad, worse things'

'try dying, then complain to me'

haha. stupid logic.

7. Everyone throughout history has had to work to live, how do you think cavemen fed themselves? Only selfish people expect everyone else to look after them while they sit in front of the TV getting fat. It's a reality of life, the sooner you learn this the better. Just find a job you enjoy and don't work for arseholes.

8. :rolleyes: You fail in logic totally. Comparing dying to having a job is...well something a little kid does.

9. theres a difference between working for your own personal benefit and working just to survive. its not like i can move somewhere and say 'hey i think ill support myself on this land'

you cant even do that. its either job or bust and its not how it should be.

10. i really dont think its that different. maybe you enjoy working, but to me, and many others, there isnt much of a difference.

8 hours out of 24. but dont forget you spend at least 6 sleeping. thats not even including time you need for paying bills, getting to and from work. the average american doesnt have very much of a life at all. a couple hours to themselves? life to the fullest indeed.

11. Try growing and hunting your own food. We have it very easy. I fail to understand the mentality that seems to think that life should just automatically provide for you. You get what you work for.

I spent 20 long hard years in corporate jobs. Did I like it? Sometimes. Othertimes it was tedious. That's life, and anyone who whines about it just needs to grow the fuck up.

Don't want to work? Then work your ASS off and retire. Problem solved.

12. if you had been born into slave labor you probably wouldnt have any problem with that either.

misery loves company, ill find my way without giving my life to some job. ;)

13. How should it be? I prefer to live in reality. If you live in a Western country, you've got it easy compared to most places on earth.

14. Ah but I haven't given anything up. I'm 42 and semi retired now, and I did that from being homeless to where I am today. Utter fail on the innuendo on your part ;)

As long as one doesn't expect others to provide for them I have no problem with someone living poor. It's when they whine about having to work, or hold their hands out expecting someone else to care for them that I get nauseated :D

15. how can you say you havent given anything up? your precious time. do you believe in god or anything? i dont believe in an afterlife, something to work towards. i believe this is the one and only life we get and ill be damned if im going to waste as much time as most people 'working'. haha, no fucking way. it just sounds like my worst nightmare.

i dont expect any handouts. i dont really need anything but food, and i can manage that. i'd rather live the life of a free wastoid bum than waste my time working so i can what? buy some nice shit? nah thats alright. but im not saying you have to do that, im just saying i have the right to live without dedicating my life to some occupation i dont even care about.

16. actually I did work pretty hard, even staying at work intill past midnight and weekends, ussually alone playing catch up for everyone elses laziness. To get laid off in the end. I slaved my ass off for the man just so they can get ahead and then they give me the shaft. Fuck them, I'm enjoying my unemployement now, GOD knows I need the rest. AS far as I'm concerned, every penny I get from the state is money well earned. Over the years I've been taxed way more than what I'm getting back from the state. so screw monopolized corporations, they screw the little man every chance they get. GREED is a bitch.

17. #37 oldskoolgrower, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009

But I didn't give anything up, in fact I gained. First, I was compensated, and quite well, for my time because I worked hard and did a good job. Second, I learned a lot along the way. Third, I made many friends and other relationships that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

You being judgemental of someone working hard is as bad as someone being judgemental of a person who chooses not to work.

As for begging for food, etc., if you are otherwise able bodied it's despicable when there are people who REALLY need help. If you want to live without a job go move into the woods and hunt and grow your own food.

EDIT: I shouldn't be surprised though, since we now live in the era of nobody being responsible for themselves. I'm done with this. The bums can have the last word.

18. the begging part was a typo. i had begging in my head and accidentally put that down.

im not judging anyone for working hard, i said you can go ahead and do it. if you dont feel like its a waste of time. thats great, i can forge relationships outside of work lol.

those are bad reasons, of course you got compensated, because thats the shittiest thing ever. giving up your time.

'weve been doing it since the dawn of time, how could it possibly be different?'

^ a mentality to many people have. we're a living society of people, we could manage without 'occupations'

believe me though, moving to the woods and hunting and growing my own food sounds about 10000xs better than what everyone else is doing. i might end up doing that. but i think i'd rather just squat in an abandoned house.

edit: your edit is hilarious, reminds me of the Big Lebowski 'THE BUMS LOST LEBOWSKI'

19. Wow, how old are you? 15 or so. When I work, it is for me, just because you work for a company doesn't mean you're working for the man. I work so that i can do what i want, enjoy holidays, pay my own way and not have to ask for anything.

20. what you dont understand is you're NOT working for yourself. thats just something you're telling yourself so you dont feel like shit for giving away your time.

no, i'm not 15. im just a differently minded individual who doesnt just take everything i'm given. i think in the world ill make my own choices and not just assume what everyone else does is right for me. again, im not saying 'quit your job, be like me' but this world is too fucking rough on people that dont want to contribute to their precious society.

skipping more of this bullshit, im an anarchist. i believe in something different. but what i believe in wouldnt work in our current society. because our current society doesnt accept anything different from the norm. and you or anyone else who doesnt believe in anarchy probably wouldnt either. most people think it wouldnt work, but i think that at least trying is better than what we currently have. and please, before you reply to my stance on anarchy, look it up and do some research on it. its more complicated than people think.