When can I start 12/12?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by punkrocker7117, Apr 25, 2010.

1. So i got this beautiful paradise opium strain:hello:, and she been great. Im using a 70 watt hps and a 60 watt cfl For the lights. She's about 12" right now. The strain is a 50/50 mix of sativa and indica, though clearly you can see the indica more height wise. Ive been growing her for about 40 days now and just noticed today that a couple of the nodes on some smaller branches have begun alternating. Is she ready or would it be more worth it to wait and get a higher yield:confused:

Attached Files:

2. When to switch to flowering is totally up to you. Do you have height or time restrictions? If you have either, start asap. If you have alternating nodes, then the plant is mature, and its fine to start flowering whenever. If you don't have time/space restrictions, then consider your lighting. the hps will have good penetration, but the cfl is rather limited to a few inches within the bulb. Unless you add a few more cfls, you will not be getting much light to the bottom of your plants. Personally, I would suggest starting sooner than later unless you have more cfls or other lighting on the way.

3. now. whenever. You can start 12/12 lights from seeds/clones if you want. on my next grow, I'm gonna start 12/12 as soon as the roots are developed...probably after a week or 2. I have a 16 site grow table, want to grow some lollipop plants, try for 1oz/plant 16plants=1lb

4. Well paradise averaged a good 600g a plant,:eek: so i was kinda hoping to get towards that lol. Well actually it said per square meter. does that mean per plant? and in order to get this im guessing i should veg longer? I saw someone elses plant and they were only guessing to get about 4 oz but it was quite bigger than mine. but then again, i may not understand exactly what they mean by per square meter. how many plants is that?:confused:

5. i have a nl#5 grow right now that im doing. it's kind of a bs grow cuz i dont have as much room as id like so im trying to keep it as short as possible. i vegged 8days from sprout and it's almost 3weeks into flower ha.
    switch now man. most ppl make the switch 4-8weeks into veg.

6. lol man 40 days?! woot? when i growed with 600w hps i used to veg only two weeks and for 2 weeks they were like a meter in high

7. sounds like your used to growing some sativa strains. The indica in this plant is clearly more dominant atleast on how its growing, though reviews of the high say the sativa heritage is more pronounced. I have never seen an indica strain grow to a full meter before the 12/12 cycle has started, especially in 2 weeks lol.:p:p:p

8. that tin foil on your walls bro?

if so take it down...your better off using paper to line your walls (as its white and reflective) than tin foil bc tin foil can cause burn spots on your ladies!....

look for mylar or panda film also

9. 600 grams?
    haha.

no wayyy,
    maybe an ounce and a half.

youre only using 130 watts?

10. ... did you read my post when i said 600 g, and yes it IS 600 g per meter 2. But i was asking basically how many plants could fit in that if i was in fact wrong about it meaning for one plant.
    But on another note. Yes it is tinfoil and i know the downsides to it. i only have it up because the hydro shop around here isnt open till this saturday. Ive allready built a 4X4x6 grow room, i just need to pick up the mylar and new lighting when it opens.
    But is there anyone that can actually answer my question about the meter 2 issue? rather than not knowing what im asking and just replying with a smart ass response

11. #11 .HiGhGuY., Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010

Its however many plants you can fit into a squared meter. If you grow a big ass tree, then you might only fit 1-2 plants in a square meter. Where as My grow table that is 3 x 3 ft (little less than a meter squared) has 16 grow sites....but if i grow in all 16 sites at once, the plants will have to be really small. Thats why I said, i wasn't gonna do much of a veg period, maybe just a week of 18/6 to let the roots develop a little bit faster.

Most likely, the 600g/plant or 600g/sq. meter was an outdoor grow, in very favorable conditions. I'd have to agree with bingo that there is no way you're going to get anywhere close to that with only 130w of light. It takes skill and probably a 1000w light or more to pull a Lb/plant or Lb/sq. meter. And a Lb is only 448g

Anyways...you should do a grow journal, because i want to see how this strain looks... or maybe i should search the forums and see if there already is one. I was looking at this strain as well as whiteberry when i did my last grow. I did Paradise seed's Ice Cream strain.

12. you can always flip the tin foil the other side like..

13. That was exactly what i was looking for balla420 + rep

I tried a grow journal but didnt get any responses, though im glad to hear your interested. it was actually 600 g indoors at attitude. but heres another link wit more info on the strain Opium. "biggest bud sites paradise has ever seen"!!