When bands call it quits. Then what?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TastyCricket, May 28, 2010.

1. I recently made a post about this, but didn't really word it right. I've been wondering, all those bands that people know and love that don't really go "mainstream" and get money money money, what happens to them? Such as some hardcore bands out there, they have tons of followers, and make money off of touring and such. But typically when they start touring, they don't have a college degree, or experience of that sort. So after 6 or 7 years of touring or so, what happens then? I don't think those indie bands make enough to live off of for the rest of their lives. Do they just go back to school, get a job, start a family, and live a normal boring life again?

Some examples of these bands (I don't like half of these bands, these are just the kind of bands i'm talking about)

Devil Wears Prada
    In Fear And Faith
    Cute is What We Aim For
    Anberlin
    Attack Attack

Like I said, those bands all have a very big fan base, and tour almost non-stop.
    I don't know why this is so confusing to me, I just think it would be difficult to just stop playing and partying everyday, and just go back to a 9-5 job.

2. most of those types of bands are signed to small time labels, but the smart ones will start their own so they can bank way more off of album sales, merch, and tickets.