when and how much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Panda85, Oct 23, 2011.

1. this isnt my first grow ever but it is my first indoor harvest and just like getting others opinions.

i went out and took some pictures today and wondering what people think i will pull off of the plant??

im also curious to how much longer a more experienced grower would wait untill harvest. i say it has about 2 weeks left until its fully matured..i was planning on cutting nov 4th. but im open to suggestions. i flushed oct 21st and was also wondering if its ok to add molasses to the water until it is done?

:smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some close ups of the trichs... look mostly clear and milky.. sorry for the not so focused pictures...it was a pain in the ass holding the camera up to the jewelers loupe and focusing :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here are some zoomed out pictures to guess on the yield.. the buds are extremely dense and feel pretty heavy..you cant really see all of the buds but most of them.. there are a few short stocky buds behind the back tall row.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do you think? 2 weeks sound about right? how much do you think it'll weigh dried?

2. #2 CrackLemonade, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    Id say 2 weeks is about right. And adding molasses is OK the last few weeks, just use it at 25% strength.

Id guess 6-10 ounces dry. I think every one online lies about what their yield really is.
    Oh yeah that is some of the frostiest shit I have ever seen!!!!!

3. yeh i was also guessing 8oz give or take a few.. and what is 25% strength like a 1/4tsp per gallon? i was feeding 1.5tsp before the flush

4. Yeah 1/4 tsp sounds good. If your in hydro I would use none.

5. nope just ffof, ffhf, perlite, and coco mix

6. That's one hell of a mix. Its like the best of many worlds. I veg in pure coco then put em in hydroton. But if I were to switch back to soil, I'd use something like that for sure. Once again I have to comment on how frosty that is. THAT'S FROSTY

No wonder your getting such good yields of CFL. Can you give me ratios of that hot mix? Thanks.

7. Thats an impressive grow! What strain is it?

8. well the cfls are just supplemental if it weren't for the 2-150w hps it would be quite a different story :p

first i mix each 50/50 with perlite then used 1/4 ffof mix, 1/4 ffhf mix, and 1/2 coco/perlite mix

now that i like the happy frog more than ocean forest ive been mixing everything with 1/3 ffhf and 2/3 coco, with each mixed 50/50 with perlite first

it is super aerated and dries out very fast. when fully saturated in a 7gal bucket it takes about 4-5 days then i can water again..when using just ffhf it takes 7-10 days between watering

9. reserva prevada sour kush(headband)

10. I think because it dries out so fast its always on the drier side. Dryness can stress the plant to increase resin production.

11. any other opinions on yield and/or cutting time?

12. i also read putting ice on the soil when watering for the last few weeks will increase trich population, how true is this? and would that hurt the plant since i plan i chopping buds..trimming roots..reveg and reflower?

13. Give or take 10z's. Nice use of cfl btw got one just like it on the NL seedlings right now. Btw I see your hps's aren't air-cooled does it get hot in there with the 300 watts plus the cfl?

14. oooh a higher vote ~10oz :) it almost look like a lb sitting on it, when you can actually walk around it and see all of the hidden buds. i have no idea but trying to keep my guess on the lower side.

it did get hot in the summer...it was a bitch keeping it cool. it raises about 15F-20F with all the lights on so i keep the room its in @ 60 which is in a pole barn thats un heated... its been getting down to 40F at night but i set up panels for a walk in cooler to box it all in...works awesome. i keep the chamber at 60 and it will peak at 80 inside the tent, mostly a constant 75F

15. #15 Panda85, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    heres another view of the tent
    [​IMG]

and one of her flush =] first time outside in months

[​IMG]

16. well i decided to harvest a few little danglers off the bottom...under the screen, just a few and it weighed out 4.5g wet so i have to remember to add that in next week =]

17. wow congrats on the great grow. keep it up

18. I read that your dry weight should be 25% of what it was wet. This ensures that you have the proper moisture content to discourage mold. When I harvest I weigh everything then take 25% and I know what my dry yield is.

Then I weigh 20 g's of wet herb and keep that separate, but with all the other drying buds. After 4 days I begin to weigh the 20's and when is weighs 5's I know its ready to cure.

Panda when is your target harvest date. I am harvesting my crop this weekend. I began flushing last Sunday.

19. i planned on nov 3rd or 4th, the leaves are changing very fast..pistils are still hangin out(not receding into the bud yet), calyxes are still swelling and trichs are mostly cloudy and a few amber. they are getting very very dense. im pretty sure it should be done by then if not sooner. i flushed on friday and fed 1/2tsp of molasses per gallon yesterday. if the trichs start changing fast i could harvest this weekend =]

i finally got my drying room mostly set up.. its a 2x3x6 box, plan on getting a 24" diameter hanging net for inside. i threw a 200 cfm fan pulling air straight out of the top and y'd it into my other exhaust with a 400cfm fan for the 4x4 tent. it pulls lots of air through that box creating a strong vacuum so i put a 4" intake connecting to the top of the tent also.

so now the drying box will be heated from the tent around 70f-75F and taps into the same exhaust for the tent with tons of airflow. im excited :p

20. Nice use of waste heat. I like to hang my buds on strings so my buds don't loose trich's rolling around.