Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When a person says they have a no-name strain?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jvsdiojisio, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 jvsdiojisio, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    Does that mean they don't know the name or it's not a popular name? Or it has no name?

Is this stuff usually bad or good or neither?

2. #2 Deleted member 281310, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    They don't know the name. Names don't really matter.

3. that means you have an honest dealer. my dealer used to let me make up the strain names. its all bullshit 

4. He doesn't know the name.

All weed you buy will have a name, like every flower you see, but a lot of the time only the grower knows the true name.

5. it means he doesnt know the grower

6. #6 Deleted member 281310, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    think about the world and all the people in it. we all have names but sometimes you meet someone you actually like and yet you don't remember their name. It doesn't make a difference when your talking to them but it's always nice to have a reference point

7. A grower can grow a no name seed aswell

8. #8 CrispyBacon, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    Doesn't really mean anything tbh. Maybe they forgot what strain it was, mistakes happen.

I would judge the weed by the smoke instead of the name. Check it out, see how it looks and most importantly how it smokes and how high it gets you. That's more important than label.

9. If you don't live in a state with dispensaries/legal weed or if you don't get directly from a grower then the chances are you are not going to get an accurate strain name from a dealer. A lot of the time dealers just use a popular sounding strain name so that they can sell more but rarely are they actually giving you the proper strain name.

10. It can turn into a pleasant surprise.  Sometimes I buy exceptional quality weed from a dealer who has no clue what kind it is. 

11. It means they don't know what strain the bud is and you have to determine whether it's dank or mid.

12. the guy i get my loud strains from used to get barry white, but now he got stuff thats noticeably better, way more crystals and hairs. He said hes not sure what its called but the guy who grows it is on point with it. 

13. The weed is just so strong it killed its own name.

I laid on his bed and realized how I am nothing yet everything at the same time. I am just energy.

14. Rather than make up some BS name, it means your dealer is an honest guy...imo

15. #15 spincut, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014

For all the people saying it means your dealer is "honest", yeah kind of...hones that he doesn't know a lot about his product.

"Names" don't matter (especially if the guy did make them up, which means he sucks at what he does), but the strains behind the names do. And it CAN be verified in some senses, either visually, scent wise, effect wise, or all of the above. Just take a spin on leafly sometime and look up your favorite strains and how they break down. I will tell you from first hand experience that that stuff is actually pretty spot on. I was even able to grab and compare two strains, one of which was said to stimulate hunger heavily, and one not at all, and sure enough, there is indeed something to that.

Also, people are partial to the effects/scents/flavors of some stuff over others.

That's not to say no name weed is always bad, just often could be. I've been sold stuff before where the guy wasn't really sure, but it was indeed good, just is never a good sign to pay whatever you're paying only to be handed it with a "it's good I think, *shrug*". Besides, if you stumble upon a particular favorite, an identifying name is a good way to track down some more, yes?

When you go into a bar do you say "give me beer please"? No, you usually ask for a particular one. Beer's made from a very similar genus of plant to weed anyway :p

But the short answer is what delightfully high wrote :p

16. yeah but if you meet someone you like and you know their name you can find em again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.