Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wheezing / Feeling of giving effort to Breathe

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Squigglyf4ce, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Hey guy's, I've been smoking for almost a year now and recently I've been noticing that breathing is not too difficult, but I get to thinking about it sometimes and my shortness of breath gets really bad sometimes. I'm pretty sure it's just my anxiety, but could me being new to smoking cause this? I'm not necessarily worried otherwise I would go to the doctor, because otherwise why would I be asking on an online forum.

Anyways, I was just wondering if it was my anxiety or the quote end quote, wear and tear of my lungs or something? I don't even know how to say that without knowing what I'm saying haha!

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear back from you guys! Forum is always super chill and helpful so I tend to turn here when I have any questions about new pains or whatever.

2. If your "shortness of breath gets really bad sometimes" after you "get to thinking about it", I'd say that does sound more like anxiety rather than lung damage. If it were lung damage, it would be a persistent breathing issue, not something occasionally triggered by thoughts.

Take a week or two off of smoking, and see how your breathing behaves. Doing cardio exercises regularly also helps, since it gets your lungs working and tests their performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vaporize it !