What'ta ya think?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ggggggg, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Hey everybody, I'm taking a month or so long break from smoking for a few reasons, and want to end my break by getting a new peice. (SO original, right?)

It is definitely going to be a bong, and I want something with a perc or two. This is what I've narrowed it down to:
    This 20" bong with dual percs

Pros: Huge, very smooth rips
    Cons: Not-so-great transportation(I'll need a bigger backpack), a little more $

OR

This 12" bong with a single perc
    AND
    This ash catcher

Pros: Easy transportation, will stay cleaner with ash catcher, cheaper
    Cons: Not as big/smooth hits

Either way, the bong will just chill in my gun safe, and be taken out and ripped at night. By "Transportation" I mean putting it in my backpack(in a custom made pouch, made from a pillow-case and some foam, that I plan to make) and buzzing over to my cousins house a mile and a half down the road on my motorcycle.

Also, I've hit a bong before, but never owned one. I was wondering, If I just empty out the water from it and toss it in the case and into my safe and spray it down with febreeze, would it reek up the room? Generally, do bongs get really smelly? I plan to clean it about once a week thoroughly.

Thanks for your time reading this!

2. How much are you willing to spend man? I usually try to steer clear of percs (especially chinese made)
    But aside from that, it looks like a nice piece. Not sure if you're open to suggestions or not, but I'll give you one anyway.
    If you're not too worried about percs, you could probably grab a 250ml EHLE with a diffuser for a little more.
    EHLE. Glass - Straight Cylinder Bong 250ml - Green logo - Glass Tubes - 250ml - EHLE. Glass - Brands - Grasscity.com

As for the smell, I find if I clean mine regularly, the smell isn't really a problem.
    (250ml will be easy to transport)

Don't think you're allowed to post links to other headshops. Not trying to be a buzz kill or anything though, haha.

3. Don't spray anything down with febreeze. That will make whatever you spray all sticky. Also, be really careful about getting bong water on your hands or anywhere. Yesterday I emptied my bub and was really high and it got all over my hands and they wreaked, even after I washed them

4. Id go with the single and the ash catcher. Itll be less volume, easier to clean, and more portable.

But if your willing to spend a bit more, maybe 50 - 100 more, and you could get you a legitimate good bong. Good glass, is IMO worth the extra guap. Cause when you simply sit that china bong down on the table every so slightly, and that base cracks your going to be like.... damn

5. So as long as I dont spill any water, the dry bong wont really smell too much? I think im going to go with the 12 inch. Is there really that much of a difference with some thing like this and a brand name bong? Because I might consider something like a small Roor (so cool)

6. Yeah there's truly a difference. Most china brands will [poorly] copy or mimic good companys' designs. The level of available diffusion / percolation / airflow / smoothness / overall quality availible on the market is truly amazing. We aren't using simple rubber grommet and basic downstems any more. Everything is diffused and reinforced. Made of quality glass that will truly last and survive life's little damages (still dont drop It though. Haha). But yeah, it's pretty fuggin crazy.

Sorry if I'm rambling. I just took a .6 rip from my SYN Showerhead and by 2011BC Ashcathcher and it's got me feelin pretty damn good.

But to comment on your suggestion of roor, well roor is nice. But like I said before, the game has changed and now there are companies out there with better quality and designs. Dont get me wrong, roors still tryna stay in the scientific glass race (google RooR Tech glass, I think).

I'd say check out SYN.. But that's cause I'm biased and like the brand. Good companies are like Sovereignty, Toro, Möbius, SYN, SGW, leisure, 4.0, Sheldon Black is up there... Ahh, fuck I'm sure somebody else will chip in with some names I'm stoned. And there's a bunch of individual artists who are awesome. But yeah man. I'd say stack another 50-100, and while you stack it, investigate scientific glass. Check ***. go to scientific glass and scroll thru names and check em out. When you see sumn you like, check YouTube so you can see it in action (hopefully there are videos for the particular model your interested in) then you can make an educated decision that truest fits YOUR interest.

Bong buying 101