Whats your view on this whole Sopa and Pipa bill

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by royce4weed2012, Jan 21, 2012.

1. From all the articles i read on this about them censoring the internet and all that junk, i completely agree it should be destroyed and is unconstitutional. I mean if google is saying no, ill say no

2. Its so bad, why do they think they need to do it??? After they delayed the decision, they closed megaupload.com and they banned the site upload.to
    which is a similar site

3. Not freaking over it since it won't be passed.

4. #1 - I believe that software companies, music/movie/television production companies, etc. have the right to charge whatever the fuck they want for their product. It's their freedom.

#2 - I disagree with the way copyrights are applied in this fashion in these industries.

Let's say my friend has a hammer. It's a fucking kickass hammer. So I make myself a copy of it. I have the tools that let me make an exact copy of it. Should I have to pay the manufacturer of the hammer even though I made my own copy? I don't think so since I'm not selling it; some people do.

Or, for software licensing:

I buy the same kickass hammer that my friend has. After all, the hammer kicks ass. Anyway, the hammer has a label on it that says I can only hammer 100 nails with this version before it self-destructs. The exact same hammer with no physical differences is offered for 9x the cost, and it can hammer 1000 nails before it self destructs.

5. Trying to stop piracy is like the drug war. You can't stop it