Whats your side hustle?

Discussion in 'General' started by BrickSeedWeed, Dec 22, 2015.

1. I power was houses in the summer . I work rotating shifts at my real job . It sucks balls . Hopefully I'll only be working for myself in the next few years . I have no problem putting in the time and effort and its even more rewarding when you trying to build something

2. haha nice bro wish it snowed here to do the same lol

3. fuck yea bro there is no better feeling then working for yourself, I love that shit

4. umm bud I wasn't arguing about $$$. I never mentioned how much I make until after you mentioned how much you make. I have several " side hustles" outside my normal job. 2 of my side hustles are family owned business'. That I could survive on if need be. This guy is talking about his parents living off those investments, traveling, enjoying their time and not working, as he wishes to be able to with his investment . That's not a side hustle when its you're main or only source of income.

5. though i don't agree with that specific hustle it is still finding a market and filling it and i respect you for that brother

6. Uhh.... I got a couple in the planning stages but the balls not rolling fully for either yet.

Im working with a local guy out here on a Surf Board Ding repair shop...

Also got a Bullcrap Kickstarter rolling right along that'll be funding the next adventure that... isnt being put down anywhere public yet lol

One of my customers has been trying to convince me to go up to Alaska with him and go 'Diving' for gold lol Im interested but non-commital to it lol

7. nice. The repair shop is a good one, its different. Good luck with that bro I hope you hit. Along with your secret soon-to-come hustle lol idk about Alaska sounds more like a full time job than a side hustle

8. For now my full time gig is running my businesses XD

Gold diving would be basically .. A two month thing lol

9. wow lol u literally mean diving for gold do they actually hit or what?

10. too lazy and useless for a hustle.

11. Lol ya this old dude and all his boys that buy cigarettes from me.. own all the boats and gear n shit lol

They gold dive a few months out of the year and grow bud the remaining time lol

12. #93 AZMMJ85, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
    I sell VHS tapes of blockbuster movies from the early 1990s. Anyone interested in an original VHS of Armageddon staring Bruce Willis? Still in Original Packaging, only $29.99!

13. Lol I bought a VHS player from the thrift store the other day SPECIFICALLY so I can go hunt down the original VHS Star Wars collection :smoke:

14. I remember as a kid when the Star Wars Trilogy was remastered in THX for VHS. I hunted for awhile to get the trilogy.

15. yea dogs is a great way to make cash...bulldogs could go for 2k over here, i thought about getting some and trying those out but i didnt want to mess with that market, the kinds of people that spend 2k on a puppy are pretty annoying lol
    but nothing makes me feel beter when i have customers calling asking for another dog or getting one for a friend...means i did my job right
    if you could get akc papers for your dog you could probaly get 100-150% more......get a couple of sisters/bitches unrelatd to the to the male and you will be set

16. "though i don't agree with that specific hustle it is still finding a market and filling it and i respect you for that brother"

i agreed with how u feel. so i used that as a part of my business plan, was to delivor the best quality product. alot of these owners want one or two pups out of the litter, and some of them usuley shoot the dogs they dont want...some contacted me because instead of shooting them, they needed the extra cash. i have litterly saved older dogs from being shot by their owners, i have one that i keep for myself, the owner didnt want him because he hunted rabbit, instead of deer....one thing i did was i always charged a high price for my puppies...this weeded out the owners who may not really have the means to take the dog to the vet...if you can afford 500 on a puppy u should be able to afford 100 vet visit...i also always gave my dogs their shots dewormings and any other treatments they may need, including mange which made me keep the puppies for an extra month...i never sold my puppies sick. whenever i gave a puppy away or rehomed a lost dog i always worried about the dog im giving away would be used as a bait dog or sparring partner so i would say i wanted a 75 rehoming fee, and give the dog away after i find it a home...i loved the emails telling me how ima scumbag for selling a lost dog lol

but thats the great thing about america, we all can have ourselves a little thing on the side that keeps us afloat and gives us hope because i dont know about yall, but beofre i did the puppies, i didnt have any way out of the hole i was in

17. I feel u bro, I'm in the same boat man

18. A friend and I sell and deliver firewood. Though it's gotten closer to my full time job than a side job, especially this time of year (though the past week or so has been really warm). I teach CPR and ACLS classes as well. I've done a lot of odd end jobs for extra money over the years.