Whats your opinion on LED's like this?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mrhatter, Jul 19, 2020.

1. I'm even ok with 600watts, and that's why I'm asking for help on here my friend.
    Any advice or amazon prime links would be great, max i'd spend prob $220-240ish, i'm not broke I just don't want a extremely huge electric bill, I would like something barely noticeable on my bill.

2. What if I get this?

Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Upgraded-Dimmable-Function-Spectrum/dp/B083JVY569/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&dd=kVHWRvdkG0_CegAXuQm2PQ%2C%2C&keywords=LED+Grow+lights&qid=1595189846&refinements=p_90%3A8308921011&rnid=8308919011&sr=8-4

Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/Growing-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Greenhouse-Adjustable/dp/B07RV8564X/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&dd=kVHWRvdkG0_CegAXuQm2PQ%2C%2C&keywords=LED+Grow+lights&qid=1595189846&refinements=p_90%3A8308921011&rnid=8308919011&sr=8-19

Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/Horticulture-Lighting-Group-High-Efficiency-Upgraded/dp/B076QDKVDZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=HZYXA0ETR765&dchild=1&dd=egfJ-4fPXdfeVRlvU8KU0Q%2C%2C&ddc_refnmnt=pfsd&keywords=quantum+boards+led+grow+lights&qid=1595149591&refinements=p_96%3A10155283011&rnid=10155281011&sprefix=quantum+boards%2Caps%2C202&sr=8-1

3. If my budget was as small as yours, I’d buy Alibaba Chinese knock offs. Most bang for the buck and WAY better then ANY light you’ll find in your budget!

4. I just refuse to wait over a month for delivery, but anyways, we'll see what happens with the lights I got.

5. yes thats a good light for a small space

• Like Like x 1
  6. 135W QB V2 Rspec LED Kit

This would be a basic small led

Only reason I shop on amazon is shipping rates n speed. 75% of grow stuff they have is to pray on new guy’s getting into it.

can u wire anything yourself?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Theres no way that light will compare to 800 watts HID like they say in the description. On such a small budget I would just go with hps/mh.

Also led isn't cheaper to run than HID watt for watt. 240 watts will cost you the same with any type of light you use.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Also what size space are you working with?

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you can find me an HID watt for watt near the 240 from the wall, so 120 per light for $100-120 each, I'll buy. amazon prime only though.
    and to the guy above me, I'm gonna post a video/pictures of my setup tonight, I just set it all up.

10. HID doesnt come in 120 or 240 watts, I was just using that as an example for electricity cost because thats what the light you were asking about draws.

You could get a 250 watt ballast, bulb and reflector for dirt cheap on amazon but I'll let you do your own shopping. If you can at least let me know how big your grow space is I would be happy to recommend a light.

• Like Like x 1

11. HID doesnt come in 120 or 240 watts, I was just using that as an example for electricity cost because thats what the light you were asking about draws.

You could get a 250 watt ballast, bulb and reflector for dirt cheap on amazon but I'll let you do your own shopping. If you can at least let me know how big your grow space is I would be happy to recommend a light.

12. Sorry for the double post

13. Technically this is true, 240watts is 240watts, but the LED lamp will produce twice the amount of useable light photons at the same power usage.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yup you're right. Well those blurple lights wont but a quantum board would be pretty close.

15. I’ve run HPS and LED, I’ve run blurple and quantum boards. HPS runs hot. You’ll need ventilation and fans and ac, etc. the blurple work just fine, I’ve actually got nice frosty buds off them, but they advertise poorly, they are not 1000w or 1500w, they are whatever they say they draw from the wall usually 200ish watts. They also run warmer and they have fans that fail. I’ve also had leds burn out on the blurples. Quantum boards are nice, run cool, and produce nice buds. I don’t trust the real low end stuff. Spider farmer makes a good light. The sf2000 will do a 2x4 tent no problem. The sf1000 doesn’t have as big a footprint but might fit your budget. I also have hlg, but the spider farmer spectrum is better. I’ve used both, that’s what I pick.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So the thing with grow lights is Watts is a bad indicator of the light your plants need. The number of watts advertised on these blurple style lights are notorious for being blatantly false, make sure to find out the actual watts used. That 1000W might only use 83W...
    PAR is a bit better measure, or better yet PPF (photosynthetic photon flux) aka the number of photons emitted.
    PPF value is measured in µmol/s. Look at PPFD..
    Actually, learn from the master of light measurement himself Dr. Bruce Bugbee

If you decide to add more light or replace, replace with a light that uses samsung diodes lm301b/h aka HLG aka quantum board. They are currently the best LED known and widely available.