What's your latest splurge?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shnicken, May 7, 2021.

1. Just wondering what your most recent splurge towards your grow hobby has been. I'll kick things off, just snagged a new 660w Copacabana Sun from Kingbrite.

Looks absolutely sweet. LM301H with Cree reds and IR, and LG UV. 600w meanwell driver for the lm301h's and reds. Independent 25w driver each for the ir and uv with switches. The whole thing is a giant 8 bar fixture, that appears to eliminate hotspots. PAR map shows a 400+ ppfd across an entire 5x5' tent at almost 4 feet off the canopy.

Pretty excited, didn't need it but I sure wanted it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. That's a nice light. Thanks for sharing your new toy. I myself have splurged also. When we received the latest Covid Stimulas check we bought 4 Spider Farmer 1000s to replace our 2 400 wt HIDs. We use them to cover a 4' x 4.5' SCROG. Wow what a difference in light and temperature. Better light and lower room temps. Last year this time we had the AC running regularly in the Grow. This year I haven't even taken the winter cover off yet.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Very nice, you won't be disappointed with that splurge at all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just got 2x 240w boards from kingbrite. I looked at the new panel, I was going to get it as well..... but I my space is 3x9 and it'd be over hanging a bit lol. Doesn't quite fit

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have the 240w boards from them now and I love them, good buy man.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not really a splurge, but the last item I bought was another tent, as I changed back to yet another 4x4 tent....by Covert.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Well i Bought a new truck
    My little sports car lol. There really not made to get into easily after a surgery .
    Unless you prefer sharp insane insulting pain in your spine . lmao .
    So i bought a 2022 gmc suburban . I had side steps installed . Easy in and out .
    My back is straight. Legs fit Perfect. Its not fast But it gets me out .

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lol I know how that goes, just switched back to a 4x4 and a 2x4 from 2 40"×40". Never seem to be fully content with my setup. I thought about doing a 4x8' even had the tent ordered but then decided I'd rather have multiple rooms so sold it before I even opened it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not sure I would call that a splurge as much as a necessity but either way very nice. I have always liked suburbans. I'm too old for fast anymore, I'm all about that comfort these days.

• Like Like x 2
  10. You are correct. I drive under the speed limit most of the time .
    Im never in a hurry. Yes i really like the truck now after i put a few hundred miles on it .
    And the dual climate zone keeps my complaining womans mouth shut.
    She puts on something that has less material Than a bikini . Ow im so cold !.
    Now my side is nice . Hers has heat on a summer day .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well finally got the beast in, had to wait for it to be built and tested. Once shipped though it took 4 days to get to me from China. I have to say this light is even more impressive then I was hoping for. It literally covers every inch of my 4x4 perfectly. Here's some pics for you guys.

20210524_110358.jpg 20210524_110407.jpg 20210524_110432.jpg 20210524_110437.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. My latest was a 150w QB for $60. Don't even need it but I paid $100 for the first one and it packed my 2x2 2 runs in a row. Now on sale for $59.99 on amazon. I just had to. I don't think there is a better light made for that price. Simply too good to pass on. Lenofocus lf100 (upgraded). 672 diodes, white, red, far red, 150w dimmable meanwell driver. All for the price of a carbon cannister. Packed a 2x2 and was 75 degrees 12" from canopy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Very nice man, haven't tried the Lenofocus lights myself but at that price point it would be hard to go wrong if they get the job done.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 'Splurged' and got a 30 dollar Lux meter. For some reason, couldn't justify the cost to myself. Then the crop all came up fluffy and light. Turns out 20k isn't enough... was placing based on largest plant which turned out to be super light sensitive, instead of basing it on measuring.
    I have a saying that I foolishly ignored: Never guess when you can test.

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's a smart splurge I would say, always nice to be able to test and have real readings to work off of.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I am wondering why your growing grass with your grass ?
    Bad ass looking light. Please keep us posted how it works for you .

• Like Like x 1
  17. I grow cover crops (oats and crimson clover in this case) to provide organic matter to my soil. As they grow I cut them back every two days and let the fresh cut grass/clover build up as a mulch layer along with any leaves or branches I cut from girls. Eventually the girls will block the CC's out and they will die off, at which point their roots will provide organic matter down into the soil past the surface/mulch layer.

In simpler terms that is my plant food growing with my girls :love-m3j:

20210524_214845.jpg 20210524_214837.jpg 20210524_214828.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Very interesting . And i can see how that may work for a organic grower .
    I have never seen it done before . Interesting to see it working for you .

• Like Like x 1