What's your favorite way to...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BYOweed, Feb 4, 2012.

1. germinate seeds. be specific if you have a certain method of doing it every time (with success)

2. I drop them in a shot glass full of distilled water with a solo cup over the shot glass to block light, check on it every hour till it pops don't want it to drown.

3. I drop them into a 1x1 rockwool cube that's soaked in tap water, then sit them in a humidity dome and they just grow.

4. Humidity dome... need to get one of those haha

5. wet paper towel in a ziplock bag put in a warm spot and i check it every couple of hours until i get a nice tap root then straight to soil.

6. Drop them into a glass of filtered, ph'ed water for 24 hrs. Then I place them directly into sunshine mix #4, about 1/8 in below the surface. Water, and place in tray under humidity dome on a heat mat that only comes on at nigh when it gets cooler in the room. The light will usually keep it warm enough during lights on. And wait.

7. I soak them 12 hours in a shot glass with tap water, I never use ph'd or worry about the chlorine. Fill a 3" Jiffy peat pot 3/4 full of Fox farm soil, water, then lay the seed on it's side, cover with 1/2 to 3/4 inch more soil and mist the soil till it's nice and moist. Leave them in a warm dark closet 24 hours, then right under the T5 light if indoor grow, or directly to the sun if outdoor grow. I've had leaves pop up anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks later, but if you carefully choose viable seeds almost every one of them will germinate. My general observation is that the male plants go first,faster,greener and better looking than the females.
    I've used the wet paper towel method many, many times over the years and it' always works good too.

8. Paper towels thoroughly moistened with filtered water, on a stoneware plate and covered with an inverted stoneware bowl, sitting on top of a gentle heating element. Keep moist, taproots usually pop in 48 hours for me.

9. Ding,Ding,Ding!!! We have a winner.:hello:

10. #10 420patient, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012

He beat ya to the draw Toasty a very rare thing to see...:).., Did forget to mention a heating element which a cable box or wifi modem will work great if you don't have anything else i use cable modem under the tv stand somtimes they pop to fast.

11. This simple and effective hasnt let me down!

12. it works everytime. i love it .

13. Why is that? There's no benefit to using a ziploc bag over stoneware. Nor a benefit the other way around, both approaches are doing the same thing, and the seed doesn't care about ziploc vs. stoneware.

I like using the plate and bowl over a ziploc because I find it easier to check the seeds, just lift up the bowl and the top layer of paper towels...