whats your favorite reason for legalizing pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by kobe420, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Funeral Homes make money.
    Hospitals/Clinics make money.
    Doctors make money.
    Tobacco companies make money.
    Government makes money.
    Farmers make money.
    A lot more i'm sure.

Weed if legalized:
    Farmer makes money.
    Government makes money.

2. Doritos will make plenty of money.

I'm actually buying stock in all the junk food I can right now. I think it's gonna go up PRETTY HIGH.

3. Because the prohibition doesn't stop people smoking.

Every government report proves that the prohibition doesn't stop people smoking, so why keep it???

We taxpayers pay $40 BILLION a year for something that doesn't work. 800,000 people's lives are wretched by arrest every year for no benefit to society. 7,000 people were murdered by the drug cartels last year to protect their drug-smuggling routes into the U.S., 60% of cartel money comes from selling marijuana in the U.S. Kids are alienated from their families and from society. All this cost, all this bloodshed, all this misery, and not one single benefit is returned to society.

Why keep it? It doesn't work.

4. so I can see and use GMO cannabis that has standardized potentcy of 20%+ THC and cannabis patches that give you THC for hours on end.

5. I want it legal so that people with depression won't have to buy Zoloft in order to feel good.

6. #26 TexRx, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
    I like that legaLization will take the criminal element out of cannabis sales.

It would be a big blow to the mexican cartels......anything to get rid of those evil blood~sucking cartels for good is fine with me!!

And hemp farmers will benifit, too

`

7. for me. I wanna grow in 20+ gallon pots.

i'll be happy w/ a med card. even if they only let me have 7 plants or something i don't care, their going to be huge.

8. so i could tell my mama dat i aint selling drugs.:wave:

9. So I can grow my own and not have to spend 400 dollars on 1 ounce when I can spend nothing and have pounds.

edit: Oh, and because Marijuana helps me with my depression, anxiety, Migranes, bordem, and I Love being high. Its a great feeling.

10. I would say medicinal is one of the very miniscule topics. People who are dying from cancer/aids, marijuana isn't helping them nearly as much as other much more potent pain killers, such as morphine, so this isn't a very strong topic. Not saying pot isn't good for medical but it's not one of the big reasons it should be legal...

How about the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who are in prison for nonviolent marijuana related charges? Their lives are basically fucked for doing absolutely nothing to harm themselves and anyone else around them, just trying to enjoy life. And on a side note, that I have to pay taxes to keep them in there?

11. Cocaine and heroin or very far from being plants :confused:.

12. tell that to the bolivian and columbian rural cititzens, and the taliban, lol

13. Maybe if cocaine were legalized, somebody would come up with an environmentally~friendly extraction process for cocaine that doesn`t require caustic chemicals.....

just a thought.....

14. Best reason: History shows that prohibition does not work. Education does. Look at the reduction in tobacco smokers compared to the increase in MJ smokers...