Whats your favorite organic rooting solution

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Rubisco456, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Alright, so I'm a little new to growing (I have a green thumb but never got serious about cannabis till now) but have some basic experience working with some other armature growers. I'd like to start doing more cultivation but I would like to attempt to do it the organic way, now the nutrients and pesticides don't really worry me too much it's the rooting stuff. I know there are chemical free methods for rooting and getting plants to send roots but all the guys I work with always use a rooting hormone or nutrients solution. What are you favorites or go to rooting solution for organic growin'?

I'm really interested in going to microbial route since there are inoculant out there that can make IAA naturally and the whole PGPR stuff is sicc...also this company was handing out free product so why not!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. my favorite go to for organic is mother nature...sun light hits those leaves and those roots go a flyinggggggg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Don't overwater. If you have a "green thumb" and have experience growing other things, you already have everything you need.

4. [​IMG]
    Organic Household Honey ..its antiseptic,
    and got all them goodies clonex and other chems don't have,
    and don't really dissolve in water

5. tap water. The ppm out of my tap is around 25.

Yoda's bubble cloner FTW :metal:

• Like Like x 1
  6. came across this study today and thought of your post. It doesn't line up 1 to 1 but I thought it was interesting enough to share relative to it all.

Three plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria alter morphological development, physiology, and flower yield of Cannabis sativa L. - ScienceDirect

When compared with control plants (mock inoculation with MgSO4), plants inoculated with plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria increased root length at the vegetative stage. At harvest, flower fresh weight was increased by 5.13%, 6.94% and 11.45%,

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is sick! I found another paper by them from 3 years ago - looks like it's the foundation of the paper you linked to. I asked the vendor of the product that I got for free what's in it and they did tell me that it has PGPR bacteria in it.

I don't know that much in general about soil bacteria and the rhizosphere - looks like I have a rabbit hole to go down!

8. Aloe.

Take half a small fillet and blend it with a cup of water. Take cuts and place them in the cup. After you’ve finished slice a fillet open and stick a cut in the gel and then place in a rapid rooter. Strain the chunks out of the aloe water and water in the rapid rooters with it. If you want to be really fancy add a smidge of protekt and fulvic acid. Aloe contains saponins and salicylic acid. PGR, SAR.
    RD

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Coconut water from a freshly cracked coconut. It is loaded of natural PGRs and minerals.

10. SAR?

11. Systemic acquired resistance.

12. I second the aloe….:thumbsup:

13. You mean to say that the Aloe induces SAR, or at least primes the cutting to mount a defense response.

To be clear SAR is not something that you can "give" to a plant, rather there are molecules released during the HR response that induce SAR - Salicylic Acid, H2O2, and ethylene oxide (to some extent). So the assumption made is that the Aloe came from a plant that at some point was attacked or had SAR induced release those molecules.

The real key though are the protein's involved with SAR - salicylic acid doesn't just grant immunity or increased defense to a plant just because it's there. There are other signaling proteins within the plant that need to be turned on by a pathogen or insect that will allow SA to do it's thing. If you were to injure the clone and induce it's own SAR response in conjunction with the SA addition, that may be more effective since the cutting's own defense proteins are activated.

14. There is no mention of aspirin in that article- I can't really related aspirin to salicylic acid in.

I'm assuming that you are bring this up because of the relationship between these two compounds, you can make salicylic acid from aspirin and you can make aspirin from salicylic acid. I don't know why this is the case, but I've seen people referrer to them as the same thing...THEY ARE NOT THE SAME MOLECULE!!!

upload_2022-10-18_14-21-13.png

The issue with the application of aspirin to plants, is the aspirin to salicylic acid part. Plants have a pathway to make their own salicylic acid form the amino acid phenylalanine. The don't have a pathway to convert aspirin to salicylic acid since they can just make it them selves. Humans on the other hand, have the enzymes to do that convert aspirin to salicylic acid.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Now do some research on saponins. I’ll get back to you on this when I have time.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  16. I’m seeing this right now. I’ve got an aphid infestation going in my facility right now that I am slowly getting on top of. They are even in my clone domes, even after dipping the cuts.
    Point is, everything got the aloe treatment. I’m getting decent success rates still, but I do notice that the cuts that have aphids on them do just as well as the ones that don’t. They don’t seem to affecting the process much.

17. Systemic Acquired Resistance - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

“A large variety of chemicals have also been shown to activate the SAR response. Benzothiadiazole (BTH), 2,6-dichloroisonicotinic acid (INA), and SA induce the same set of PR genes comparable to biologically-induced SAR” (Ward et al., 1991; Uknes et al., 1992; Lawton et al., 1996).

“Systemic acquired resistance (SAR) is a form of induced resistance that is activated throughout a plant after being exposed to elicitors from virulent, avirulent, or nonpathogenic microbes, or artificial chemical stimuli such as chitosan or salicylic acid (SA)”

18. While aphids themselves will do some damage - the real threat is they are vectors of disease particularly viruses.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
  19. Agreed. I hate these things. Please make them go away and replace them with spider mites lol!