What's your favorite kind of dry piece?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by kobyconrad, Jun 12, 2016.

1. I prefer to roll, but I like chillums and Gandalf pipes. I also like wooden pipes and peace pipes.

2. Done Got a journey pipe

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's kind of a hard choice, I'd say basic spoon pipes--although shaped pipes can be fun too, like, animals and shit. Just because they're easy to use, and great for sharing, since everybody pretty much knows how to use em.

There's nothing I won't smoke out of, though. If it's available, I'm all for it.

4. I like a thick high quality glass spoon.
    I also love a nice glass chillium.

5. I dont like it.

6. 20160822_165241.jpg either my hammer style or a sidecar love ripped em and never get any Scooby snacks in my mouth

• Like Like x 2
  7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Follow on InstaSlam: haus_of_glass

• Like Like x 3
  8. i like one hitters. plus now i really like my epen. it is stealth and easy to use.

9. Probably a Sherlock. Corn cob pipes are pretty cool to smoke out of too.

10. #32 Gusto Himself, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    You MADE this!?!?! That's freaking awesome man...

My favorite dry piece at the moment is this Helix by Grav Labs. My RL one is dirty so I won't post it now... ((check my albums later))

[​IMG]

Portable ((hides in the palm of your hand))
    Durable ((my drunk ass drops it all the time))
    And fun as Hell. The swirling action that YOU CAN SEE ((most pieces' awesome percolating go completely unnoticed))

11. OMG this guy is my hero!! Talk about a hardcore stoner!! Makes Tommy Chong and Snoop blush.......

• Like Like x 1
  12. i love wood pipes (i have a deer antler that i have had for twenty years, still hits nice)

13. Wow some of these pipes look amazing, I'm actually going to buy a nice pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Some very cool looking pipes in here .
    I read where some of you like glass while others like wood .
    Then I read where several of you dropped you pipe or knocked it off a table onto the floor and the pipe broke .
    I have been making wooden pipes that are lined with brass or aluminum tubing .

Problem being the air ways are to small , pipe plugs up easy and can be hard to clean .
    Not to be offensive but I hate a pipe that falls over and spills out my smoke ..

I like the way wood looks .......................... hate the taste of wood .
    And there is no way I ever plan on breaking in any wooden pipe that isn't lined or a Ivory or animal bone pipe..

This pipe is lined with a 1/2 aluminum tubing and the bowl section is done in brass.
    I use fake ivory for the mouth piece and the carb end of the pipe because it will not break if dropped .
    Everything I make I try to make where my products lasts generations
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dude that is SWEET.

Have you ever tried putting Glass inside ((instead of Alum.??))

I too, LOVE the classic/timeless look of a Wood pipe.. however, it is made for Tobacco. Wood and Cannabis don't mix too well ((IMO))

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wood over glass .
    Yes I have two that I am making now .
    I use 13mm Glass tubing ..
    Or 1/2 aluminum tubing with 10.2 mm glass tubing inside the 1/2 aluminum tubing .
    I do this so hopefully the glass will never get broken on the inside .
    So far so good none of my glassed lined pipes haven't broken yet .

None of my pipes taste like wood or animal bone , I am a smoker and that just wouldn't cut it .....
    All my wooden pipes are lined with either aluminum brass ,stainless steel , ceramic or glass .
    I do allot of work with deer and elk antler ,
    I don't have a picture of a pipe done in antler.
    Here is a custom billiard cube chalk holder made out of African deer antler and Gabon ebony from Africa ..
    Gabon ebony is naturally black wood .
    All of my wood has been drying indoors for decades ....
    The wood is all seasoned, and stress relieved , I haven't had the normally issues with cracking, warping or shrinking .
    I started collecting exotic woods for about 10 years before I started to turn wood .
    I have exotic woods from around the world .
    Some woods I have are so rare that wiki list them as being worth their weight in Gold .
    One of the first pipes I ever made ,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    another one made with Montana deer sheds .
    Everything is inlays and natural wood and wood color or deer horn and leather .
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. wow, that is some beautiful work. the first picture is something I would want hanging on my wall or something lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you .
    I should finishing up a pipe in two weeks .
    I think it will look good .