What's Wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trapsoul, Mar 2, 2017.

1. can somebody tell me what's wrong with my babies?

each seedling is between 9-13 days old

coco coir

been watering when needed with ph'd 6.0 water

no nutes yet

temp steady between 80-85

bagseed so no clue what strain

using 2500k & 6500k cfls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lights are too close for seedlings. They're bleaching and curling up to get less light.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think you need to mix up a very mild nutrient solution, like 1/4 or less of what it says to use. Make sure to use calcium and magnesium. No way the lights are too close. As long as the CFLs aren't touching the plant it isnt too close. That one with the curled leaves is from either overwatering or too hot/too humid.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Google "seedling leaves curling" if you're not sure about my advice. Heat can definitely be a factor.. but I don't know many people giving nutes to a seedling that young.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Those sprouts dont need nutes... in any quantity.
    They are definately burning from heat

• Like Like x 4
  6. I've always given nutes (1/4-1/8 of a dose) in coco once the first leaves opened up and its worked well for me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Those are not true leaves, and it is too early for nutes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. will they correct themselves once i raise the light and let a lil more air in?

or will i need to do something extra?

9. Just good airflow, low temps (70F range) and light. I have a fluorescent desk light i use for seedlings. Plenty of light and not much heat at very close range. If it stretches much more just add soil to support the stem till it gets more well established.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I pre-charge my coco with 1/4 strength nutes and feed 1/4 strength nutes from the beginning. The pic is of seedlings at 14 days old in coco being fed from the beginning.

2 weeks.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Why? The seed carries enough to get it going. Feeding as soon as the seed falls is silly. Im guessing you got lucky and had a very nute friendly strain. Do you have pictures of this grow till the end?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Why? The picture speaks for itself. I don't claim to be an expert but I've been growing for nearly 25 years and in coco for over 10. It isn't the strain - I use the same technique with every strain - and I use the KISS method. This grow is only in 4th week of flower so I don't have the finished pics yet obviously. I'll post some pics starting with the nutes I use , 1 week, you've seen 2 weeks, Nutes.JPG 1 week.JPG 3 weeks.JPG 4 weeks.JPG Flower 3 weeks.JPG 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 3 weeks of flower in that order.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Still not sure why you would be using ferts on a plant that dropped its casing less than 2 weeks prior.

Your's do look nice though. Congrats
    Clones i could understand feeding that quick. Not seedlings less than two weeks out of the ground.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I see so many people growing in coco showing slow and poor growth - I always suggest feeding and I am always either put down for it or questioned as to why. If I were growing in soil (even seedling soil) does it not contain some sort of food in it? Coco has nothing - it's completely inert. I realize that the new seedling has enough internal food (for lack of a better term) to sustain itself for a week but I feel feeding light nutes from the start and charging my coco with light nutes works the best and produces the fastest growth. Like I said - I'm no expert but it works for me. I apologize to the OP for getting off track - my suggestion is to feed them very lightly. Take it for what it's worth. Peace.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ok so i opened up some more air flow and added more coco and raised the lights some. today was watering day so they are nice and moist.

what should my humidity levels be between?

updated pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I'm new, but wouldn't nute burn actually burn the tip brown...? It looks like a common case of over watering (it looks like how my first babies started, lol). My input would say to water about every other day (even though you want to more) with the solo cups, slow down to every 3-5 days once in a bigger pot that will hold more water. Patience, patience, patience... it's tough to sit and watch your babies "struggling" even though they are just giving you a little attitude for a few days. Patience and it should clear up

• Like Like x 1
  17. No nutes till 5th node and keep lights high as possible and temps under 25c and high RH of 50-70..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. His plants are already almost two weeks old. If he waits to feed until the 5th node they'll be dead.