What's wrong with these plants?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BurninBowls, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Can someone please help me out and tell me what this is, some sort of nutrient deficiency I assume?

Growing medium:half happy frog, half earth juice amazon bloom soil+top feeding with earth worm castings.
    Temp:74day/65night
    I've been looking around trying to identify the problem but a lot of cannabis deficiencies look similar, I was hoping someone could tell me whats going on!
    Thanks for your time and knowledge :wave:

Attached Files:

2. No one wants to help me? :-(

3. What is your watering schedule and what size pots are you in?

4. Looks like they are hungry for some nitrogen...also r u using ro or tap water?

5. it could be alot, gonna have to give us more backround

6. Every 3 days, in 7 gal pots, don't think it's nitrogen cause I feed a earth worm casting tea that's 1-0-0 npk i'm using well water.. thanks for the reply!

7. 1 liter per plant, every 3 days.

8. #9 TroutTalker, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    1-0-0 is super low in nitrogen..just so you know. How old are they? If it was me I would step up the amount of water per watering and boost up what you are feeding. Since you are only doing teas I have hunch you are lacking on some kind of micro nutrient. I assume you checked you well ph? Your not using water softeners in your system are you?

9. Yeah, very true it is low, Ive only given them tea twice, theyve been vegging for about 2 weeks. I thought the soil would have enough additives in it w/ the earth worm castings to feed, but maybe not? And yeah, it's 7.4 and no water softeners

10. How much water should I be giving each one? A lot of people have told me around a gallon for 7 gallons of soil. Just don't wanna cause root rot. Or too high of humidity in my tent.

11. Get that ph down..6.5 range. It could be creating lockouts even though you have plenty of goodies. in the soil. I grow in 7gal pots. When they are this age I give mine about a gallon of water every 5-7 days. Basically water once a week. That's what works for me. Once they get bigger I am watering every 3 days or so.

12. Your soil could be too hard and locking out oxygen to the roots. Watch this video it tells you everything you need to know. The main section you should watch is in soil section. If you have the time to watch it all it is the best I have come across.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wz8JdL99tts&feature=related

13. Are you going all organic?

14. Okay, sounds good, i will do that. & i'll also check out that video!
    I am trying to go completley organic, but i just don't know if i can do it. A lot of people are telling me I won't pull dense buds, theyll be fluffy, so i think i'm gonna try to use house&garden nutrients for the last few weeks of flowering once i flip them to 12/12 to try and densen up the buds.

15. #16 TroutTalker, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    [quote name='"BurninBowls"']Okay, sounds good, i will do that. & i'll also check out that video!
    I am trying to go completley organic, but i just don't know if i can do it. A lot of people are telling me I won't pull dense buds, theyll be fluffy, so i think i'm gonna try to use house&garden nutrients for the last few weeks of flowering once i flip them to 12/12 to try and densen up the buds.[/quote]

First get that ph down. Screw that video...soil to hard bs you have a good mix. I run General Organics. I pull fat..dense nugs..well check my current grow. I do feed them from week 3 of veg until I start to flush. People all over the city are rocking it with organics. I do know you have to be careful with teas and ph. If I was you I would look into getting a decent nute line..house and garden would be fine..or you can get a go box for like 40 bucks. In about another week or two they are going to deplete that soil of vital nutes.You are going to have to feed them more than a tea with a 1-0-0 if you expect them to stay healthy throughout the grow. If you were in super soil it would be different..but your not.
    Hope this helps. You have a good start so far. This little hiccup shouldn't slow them down to much once you get it sorted.

16. Thanks a bunch for all your input man. Will do. Your grow looks great.. wish i could have plants lookin like yours. I'll take all your advice and keep going! Thanks again!

17. [quote name='"BurninBowls"']Thanks a bunch for all your input man. Will do. Your grow looks great.. wish i could have plants lookin like yours. I'll take all your advice and keep going! Thanks again![/quote]

No worries man. We are a community after all. If you started a journal you would find a lot of good growers willing to help you out. Let me know if you do. Let us us know atleast how these ladies are doing in a week or two. Stay Up

18. How are the ladies looking?

19. From what I understand, light intensity has the greatest effect on dense or fluffy buds. I am growing with all fluorescents. (T5s above and cfls all over the sides) I grew last time with a 600 watt hps and so far the bud sites look healthy and they are filling out nicely. (25 days into flowering) I grow in organic soil, but I use Canna brand nutrients. I got Nice dense buds last time with hps, so this shouild be interesting. (same nutes, soil and strain) I expect a little fluffier buds this time, but the side lighting has GREATLY increased my developing buds on lower branches......time will tell.