Whats wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kylejones420, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Hello,

Semi new grower here but new to the forum.

Couple questions...Has anyone tried the 6 on 2 off light cycle for veg? I am using it now and having really good growth on my young clones which are silverbacks and I have only had them for 9 days.

The bigger plant is a Blackwater OG and I just got her two 3 days ago and transplanted and fed her. I supercropped and fimmed her also and she is under a perfect sun 1000 LED. I started noticing the new growth is looking stressed and the leaves are curling a little bit. Does anyone have any input on what is wrong with her? I was thinking she was too close to the light so I raised it and gave her PHd water.

Any advice would help thanks.

Attached Files:

2. If we are attempting to recreate outdoors in a controlled environment then I would ask where is 10 and 2 outside?

3. 10 and 2?

4. Or 6 and 2

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well yeah i get that the sun is not on the 6 on 2 off cycle but look at the plants and tell me you have seen more growth in 9 days then that...

6. That's only 8 hours.
    Where did the rest of the day go?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah that's what we're all trying to ask, in veg I run my lights 24 hours a day....

8. I do 6 on 2 off, 6 on 2 off, 6 on 2 off and that completes the 24 hour period.

9. oh.
    whatever makes their dress fly up i suppose.
    good luck with that.
    i ain't even gonna ask why.

10. I found an article discussing the science behind this theory so i decided to try it. It also is much easier to stabilize the environment as i live at 6000 elevation and it gets freezing outside so I wanted to regulate the temp better. Do you not think the plants are growing good?

11. We don't know what they looked like 9 days ago, so we can't compare but some of your tips look burnt, and cycling the light like that might be stressing it. Essentially your causing your plant do cycle multiple times in one day. They do receive nutrients differently during on/off times.

12. Young clones can be tricky, when one looks unhappy I just move it away from the light for awhile until it perks up. As far as your light cycle I really think we are trying to mimic nature to some degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I have since been told by someone in-the-know that autos love this schedule and is good for temp problems like you describe. (and i think he said clones like it too).
    I run 24/0 in veg to make it easier maintaining a stable environment.

• Like Like x 1