Whats wrong with my plant(pics included)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jc_smith, Sep 15, 2006.

1. I have one female outdoors right now, probably at 1.5 months of flowering, I'm not real sure(started showing white hairs early August I believe). I had been giving them nutes once a week(think I'm going to start flushing the soil now). I started by giving them 1/8 tsp of Kool Bloom(2-45-28) then 1/4 and then my last dose of nutes were just under 1/2 for every gallon.I pour the whole gallon on to, and AROUND the plant in abut a 4-5 foot radius. It has been doing perfectly fine besides these yellowing leaves. Most of the fan leaves are turning yellow and curling up and dying. I think it's either one of two things, 1) We had A LOT of water here not too long ago. Tropical Storm and just lots of summer rainstorms. It has gotten a lot drier now, but maybe the extra water did this. 2) It's comming to the end of it's life and is just using up wat ever nutrients are in the leaves for the buds. The second reason is what I think is happening. The buds looks healthy, and it's just some leaves that look sick.

Let me know. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks to me like a deficiancy, whats the temps. might be realllly cold, cuz my plants got purple when it got cold. that is a really really purple leaf... id look up deficiancies, or ill do it for you :) ... i was looking, ill take a few more looks but maybe a magnesium deficiancy, not sure tho. how often do you fert? pm me if you need anything dude

3. imho a yellowing lower leaves/fan leafs = nitrogen def. a common occurance during flowering. Give her a shot and you'll see some impovement.

4. You could be right! it could be a nitro def.

5. Hmmm, usually I water once a week. I water with one gallon of water mixed with 1/2 tsp of Kool Bloom(2-45-28). Should I give them a dose of Mother Earth Blended Organic Super Tea(1.5-.75-1.5) to up the nitrogen? If so, how much? That's all the nutrients I have. Temperatures aren't too cold. Averages are 88 degrees during the day, 71-72 degrees at night. Do they look healthy otherwise?

6. The red leaves look like Molybdenum deficiency to me.
    The yellow leaves with brown spots I've never seen before, they bother me most.
    Maybe its the result of a combo-deficiency OR nute lock due to bad pH.

7. Greetings,

Look around the area your plants are growing for fungus and then look around for fungus gnats. The symptoms your plants are showing look just like fungus gnat larvae damage. Because you had all that rain the soil likely stayed very moist and some algae likely bloomed up here and there. At this stage of the grow if it is larvae damage there is nothing you can do about it. The problem will be in the root mass and will be the reason for accelerated leaf yellowing and the brown spots as well. Additional symptoms will be the purple leaves and also leaf drooping which resembles under or over watering. This is simply caused by a diminished root mass and more top growth than the remaining root mass can sustain.

In the future for outdoor growing in areas prone to heavy sustained rains better draining soil would be helpful in preventing this, ie. putting in a small drain field around the growing area using river rock or similar aggregate.

8. I agree with Urgr8est,
    First off, I think this plant is showing a classic Nitrogen deficiency. Second, I think it might also have either a molybdenum or Manganese deficiency maybe both. Check your fertilizers for the essential MICRO nutrients. Also, check the soil ph.

9. you know if you already a month and a half in to flowering. Thats like 6 weeks your should be harvesting soon. i really wont worry about it if you harvest soon

10. In the future I wouldnt dump the nutes right onto the leaves...aside from the nitrogen or possible fungus gnat problem it looks like some spotted leaf burn from droplets of ferts staying on the leaves.

dont get wate ror ferts on the leaves if the sun is up....do foliar shit as the sun goes down or before it comes up.

Looks good man!

11. I am just new at this too!!! but i can see the purple vain and purple leaf stem look at the stems too i read def but not sure what one lol... big help hum(some strain have Purple stems). i know when it rains alot that i must give my fruit a boost of minrals becouse of too much water washes allot away. all soil is diffrent thou. and webs on the buds from good or bad bugs.

12. we need to see pics of those webs...if you have a spider mite problem that could cause the purple too i think...get a pic up quick