What's wrong with my ak-47 girls?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Apg215, Jan 15, 2008.

1. I got some ak-47 cuttings from a buddy a couple weeks ago, I'm not exactly sure how old they are. I transplanted them in a mix of half fox farm ocean forest and half pro mix with a watering of thrive alive to help prevent shock.

They all seem to look ok but a few have some twisted leaves and others have some crispy tips and those small brown spots towards the edges of the leaves. I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong...it's my first grow

My grow room is pretty tight (6ft x 7ft x 4.5ft high) I have a 600w hps that is at least 1 foot about the plants. I am exhausting the room with a 6" vortex powerfan into an odorsok. I just switched to 12/12 this week and gave them a watering of 2.5ml per gal of floranova, 1 tbs/gal gnatrol 3 days ago.

Let me know if I need to be more specific about things....thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

2. first i would flush and renute the soil, it looks to me like a ph unbalance do u a a ppm reader?

3. You have nutrient lockout from PH imbalance, maybe brought on by overwatering.

Do you use the wet/dry method?

The person above is right. I would flush right away with 3x the pot size water, wait till it's damp again, water it with 2.0 quarts mixed with 1/2 strength nutes.

Do not have the light too close during this process, keep temps as close to 80 as you can.

But then again, I am lit, so i could be wrong :)

4. Maybe too much light for such a small amount of plants and/or the light is too close to the plant.

5. I do not have a ppm reader, but I am looking into getting one. What is a good one and do you think that it will keep me from having this prob again?

6. I think it might have just been the water I had it tested and it read 500 ppm on the tds stick. so i am gonna flush them with spring water now and just water with that from now on..