What's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by the_pirate, Aug 6, 2006.

1. I wasn't really sure where to post this, but here's my problem.

I quit smoking a few months ago and have been clean since. But i can tell that somethings wrong with me. I've been very depressed, to the point where i think about suicide just about every night. I don't know what it is, but it seems like reality isn't real anymore, like it's all just a dream or my imagination. I have realationship problems with just about all of my friends, my parents and most everyone i meet. I don't know what's wrong with me, and i don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions about the topic are greatly appreciated.

2. It's called teen angst.

Happens to everybody at some point during their teenage years at some degree.

I suggest listen to reggae. It ALWAYS puts me in a good mood.

3. It sounds like you're hurting bro. And though many have been where you're at, pain and disconnection can be a very solitary experience. Do you have anyone in your life to talk to about how you feel, and if not are you opposed to the idea of reaching out to someone? Issues like the one you are having, aren't like a skin condition that eventually clears up on its own. Sometimes a helping hand is needed as support until you can see the light at the end of the tunnel on your own. You wouldn't have started this thread if you'd given up completely so I encourage you to open up to someone around you.

Also let me say, get those thoughts of suicide out of your head. Life is too beautiful bro to be thrown away when times are tough. You aren't an island and as desperate as it seems right now you're still connected to your parents, and your friends. Hang on and try to open up to them. It may be the hardest thing you ever do and they may not understand initially but let them know how you're feeling. Your folks would want to know--trust me--because you're their child and though it may not seem like they understand you, your pain is their pain.

Marijuana is medicine and its removal can be a very traumatic experience physically and psychologically. I don't know why you quit but did you feel better when you smoked? How much did you smoke and how often?

Lastly bro, hang in there because it won't feel like this forever. Never take a present moment and assume the rest of your life will be the same, the future is what you make it. Learning to think positive is a daily struggle because you're constantly fighting against the old messages your brain used to tell you. Be persistent and stay focused on the positive.

You're in my prayers bro.

"The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."

~Marian Zimmer Bradley~

Stay green.

4. that exact same shit happened to me after i tried shrooms.... i thought every thing that happened in my life was some world i created inside my head.. i thought i was crazy. dont worry about it tho man, life isnt something to give up... no matter how bad shit gets dont let it get to YOU. i have had so much bad shit happen in my life it is crazy, and i try my best to keep my head up and not let it get to me... ive made plans for my future and dont plan on dwelling on my past... i suggest you do the same. good luck with life my friend, you will be in my prayers also.

5. I took your advise and talked to my parents. They don't take anything i say seriously, including this. And to top it all off, my girlfriend and i just broke up.

6. hey im sorry about what happened with youre relationship:(
    as far as talking to youre parents, hang in there as strange as it might sound i find talking to complete strangers are so much better than friends/family. alot of times strangers wont be too quick to judge you.:smoking: i presonally dont think theres anything wrong with you, just the chemicals in youre brain are a little wacky and imbalanced:p .

Are you seeing a shrink? who knows maybe itll help just to talk to someone who can actually listen. Good luck and keep youre head up high:wave:

7. Times are tough for you right now and I definitely feel for you bro. Maybe your folks didn't listen yesterday, and maybe they won't listen tomorrow, but at some point they're going to see that you're serious if you're persistent. If you haven't communicated well with them for a while it'll take time to reestablish that link so keep at it. If your expectations are too high more often than not you're going to be disappointed outright, feel it's pointless, and give up. Communication isn't always easy to do, in fact it can be quite difficult, but if you want to successfully reach your parents it's going to take time and work. But the key to your ultimate success rests in how much desire you have to want to be heard. Keep trying, keep trying, and keep trying some more because eventually someone is going to listen.

Sorry to hear about you and your girlfriend. What happened?

Hang in there bro, because at least you have conscientious and compassionate people here on this site to bounce ideas off of. You aren't alone.

“The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention…. A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.”

~Rachel Naomi Remen~

Peace.<O:p</O:p

8. <HR style="COLOR: #ecfcb2" SIZE=1>Man Im trying this herbal stuff and I truly miss smoke somke yeah you know .
    :rolleyes:
    but hell I have not smoke anything like Good old T.H.C in 6 mounths becuase well Im living in NC and I use to live in Toronto God I miss smoke smoke !!:smoking:

well I guess I can always dream about it and ..
    hmm
    SHit
    Hook a Brother up lol :D

9. Look at yourself from a 3rd person sense as if you were looking at a stranger. Critique yourself and focus on changing the things you don't like about yourself. I'm an extremely isolated person deep inside. I took the anger and loneliness and used it to better myself. I started lifting some weights and now I'm even back in school. Focus the negative energy into improving yourself in any way you think needs improved. Let the pain and such turn into drive and discipline.

10. Marijuana is the answer.

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
    speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
    And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
    speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

11. Theres also the possibility that you've developed a psychotic condition or a chemical imbalance, somthing which everyone else annoyingly avoided to mention. weed can trigger psychotic reactions in people genetically prone to it.

When people say they're thinking about suicide and the world doesn't seem real anymore, theres a lot of conditions that can explain that.

12. I felt the same way after i broke up with my gf, i was depresed and shit for atleast 6 months and this sounds kinda gay but do stuff for other people and get into a hobby, mine was growing marijuana but just do stuff that keeps your mind off yourself

13. Hey, I know what you're talking about. When I first started smoking bud I had that same feeling: disconnection, reality isn't real, etc. I have something called HPPD, and a symptom of that is something called Derealization or Depersonalization.

Take a look and see if this is your problem. Hang tight man. You'll be just fine. Please PM me if you need some help. I'm still going through this but it isn't as bad. We can go through this together.

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php

14. ^This thread is two years old and he only posted 6 times.

He isn't coming back.

15. I call 1-800 numbers out of infomercials on TV. Not even kidding. Striking up a deep conversation with someone you will never, ever meet just helps. Don't ask why, just do it.

16. I feel like that when i stop smoking, but it goes away after a few days for me. Sounds like you are just depressed, which can be the result when you stop taking something that makes you VERY happy all the time, because being VERY happy becomes the norm, so being even happy can feel horrible. Hang in there man, things will get better.

Out of curiosity, why did you quit? If you didn't have an ironclad reason, you might consider smoking a little bit, it might clear this up. you obviously have the self controll to stop when you need, if you could once, due to the nature of marijuana.

If you need someone to talk to, shoot me a PM with your AIM.

17. i wrote this when i was going to kill myself(below)vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    and i still didnt open up to people.be happy you still have your friends i lost all of mine or at least i thought i did .im still in that mode that your in today

Nothing changes and it never will.
    Sun up sun down everyday stays the same.
    Its like repetition, a metaphorical erosion of the spirit
    Or like rusting promises when skin is liable to chap...
    Choking on the smell of all signs of your own discomfort.
    On and on and around and around never missing a beat, as we
    Walk tight ropes and dance in circles to the tunes of are backs breaking under the weight of our own potintial.
    Pacing forward, away from what you truly aspire to be, or to do, or to see, sinking or sailing, flying or falling,...