What's wrong with America...

Discussion in 'General' started by WookiesAreCool, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Or at least what I think but eh.

I just saw a commercial for Lypozene (sp?), and it's another pill, but thats no important, what important was their sales pitch. It was "this allows you to not change your lifestyle at all". That's what America is being drawn too, making us very lazy and undisciplined poeple.

Agree/Disagree. I'm just here to play the devil's advocate. :cool:

2. Why should some people have to change the way they live everyday life based on something theyre not in control of? (ie. whatever the fuck lypozene is for.)

I think you're thinking too much into it ;)

keep smokin!
    Nexis

3. Oh yea, I've noticed and taken note of this stuff long ago. But, I just get myself worked up thinking about how we're all flyin' downhill in terms of society, that I just don't really want to think about it anymore.

I'll keep me eye out for that commercial though. :)

4. "Lipozene" The Don't Change Your Lifestyle But Still Trying to Feel Good About Yourself Drug

[​IMG]

It's not always fun to think about what America has become as a society and what we've done to get here, but what would be more favorable then? Sitting around wearing out our thumbs on the PlayStation 2 getting wasted? We're inventing drugs to slim down the excess weight when there are people who desperately want to gain weight.

[​IMG]

A deadly moral contradiction.

[​IMG]

Over half of America is Obese.

Americans use a disproportionate amount of the world's resources over 50% and then invent ways to continue the same behaviors while simultaneously slimming down with a so called "weight loss miracle drug." We're surrounded by so much excess that it's nearly impossible to hear the cries of people that are truly in need. We've been quietly or should I say not so quietly refining our own set of morals that allows us to live with ourselves. Yeah America is "blessed," but what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Does it mean we have an obligation to share such blessings, or does it mean we get to look on apathetically at the rest of the world and shake our heads at their misfortune?

Is Lipozene just a pill or a reflection of our daily indifference?

"Obesity now contributes to the death of more than 360,000 Americans a year. The incidence of childhood obesity is now at epidemic levels. Alarm bells are going off all over the place. But our government has done virtually nothing."

~Tom Harkin~

Stay green.