Whats wrong with 1 of my seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by miscbrah3284, Apr 12, 2011.

1. small space heater

2. I will try to update today with some new pics...

all 4 are alive!!!! Its a miracle! I changed the lighting to 20/4 so that the plants can take advantage of a couple extra hours of ideal temps/conditions....you guys wont even believe what the runt/originally kia plant looks like now!! looks like my transplant helped it out really well!

thanks to everyone for all your help!

3. #43 miscbrah3284, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
    ***UPDATE***

Alright guys, im happy to say all the seedlings(well, i guess you can say theyre in veg now!) are doing well except for this Blue Hash...This plant is the one that has always been in a 6inch pot, which i was going to use for clones...I fed all the plants for the first time on wednesday as posted: 1gallon water + 5ml cns17 grow + 6ml calmag+.....used the entire gallon to water the 4 plants, but gave more to the ones in the 3gallon smart pots....this guy is lookin burned, and to my surprise the one who we originally thought was dead via superthrive od is alive and kickin and seemed to love the feed......anywho, here are the pics of the original 6inch pot blue hash plant

Anything I should consider doing as of now to help this one out? should a heavy water/flush help at all? i was planning on watering them a little today, then on tuesday morning i was planning on feeding them(im leaving for 3 days so i need to make sure they are fed/watered b4 i go)

edit: As you can see the only leaves effected are the two pictured which are opposite eachother, all others look great

Attached Files:

4. Bump! Need some help. ^^^ that one already smells btw!

5. maybe give that one a lighter mix water/feed them before you go. feed that one last and before you feed add a 1/4 gal at least of plain water. to lighten the mix a little then feed it. when the leaves start to curl and twist like that the nute solution was just a little too strong. if it was stronger it would burn

6. I agree. Not looking too bad at this point. (You should see the one I've got in ptting mix. Your's looks good by comparison.) A half-strength mix should sort things out.

thesage, I agree with yur earlier cmment about not letting the coco dry out too much or the nutes will concentrate due to evaporation. I was feeding every 3 days, when the pt felt light, and got very minor burning on the tips of the leaf serrations. No real harm done. Changed to watering every 2 days/1.5EC/10% runoff with seedlings, and no more burning. Probably need to water at least once daily when they get older.

(My keyboard's dropping o's and w's unless I punch the keys. Time fr a new one, or at least a strip-down & clean.)

7. So that is a nute burn? I started thinking it might have been a mag problem cuz of the rust spots and tips so i was going to give them a heavy dose of calmag with their feeding today. On Wednesday when i fed them all i gave them 1/3 strength nutes, recommended was 15ml of cns17 grow and i gave them 5ml. You think i should give them half strength today?

Thanks for thwarting reply guys, thought i was going to be flying blind today lol

8. Definitely won't hurt. With any issues like this, reducing the nute strength and maybe also raising the lights a little helps. Let them have a little rest. (Offhand, I can't remember what lighting you're using.)

9. What do you think of those spots and leaf tips? Can you pinpoint what exactly it is? Cuz if it was nute burn would adding more at this point burn it more? Since the other plants look great my original plan before the thread got any replies was to feed the other healthy plants and only give the burned one a heavy water with calmag plus.

10. Always hard to pinpoint exactly what it is, usually it's one or more of several possibilities.
    I couldn't see the 'spots', but the leaf tips and overall colour tell the story.
    As mentioned, I'd give a half dose feed to the sick one and since they're all under similar conditions, to make sure the others don't do the same, I'd give them all a half dose. Won't hurt and should help. Also, in coco, keep em nice and damp or the nutrients will concentrate as water evaporates. I had a minor problem with that a couple of days ago and changed from watering every 3 days to every 2. I noticed a couple of the tips of the serrations had very slight burns on them. Changed to 2-daily feeding and the next pair of leaves have no burning and the plants are pointing at the light more and looking much happier. (And more vigorous. Already got nice little 1/4" long branches.)

11. The one with the problems has 3 slightly burned tips and rust spots on two of the leaves. I will update pics soon after i feed

12. ***UPDATE***PICS***
    Day 18 since seeds were planted
    Day 15 since seeds sprouted

Ok guys, new pics today...but first some info: its been 5 days since i last watered/fed them..The sick seedling(the one i originally made this thread about), is now the healthiest looking plant out of the 2 that are in the white 6 inch square pots....the 1 with the 3 burned tips and rust spots on the leaves was the original plant in the 6 inch pot that was super healthy(blue hash).

THEY ALREADY ALL SMELL....and when i say they already smell i mean that if i put my nose up to them there is a clear scent of mj on each of them, its still so early!

Today I got a gallon of water, mixed in 8ml of CNS17 grow and 6ml of calmag+
    My digital pH meter does not work..it was a brand new oakton eco testr 2 and it has not worked properly since i opened it, im going to take it back and either have the store look at it for me or make them exchange it for a brand new one(it was $65 and ive been basing my pH off of the GH pH test kit)...i pH'd down slowly until the color just slightly started turning to the 5.0's, so its gotta be around the high 5.0 pH range

Picture time! Each picture explains which plant is which

Attached Files:

13. ***Pics continued****

Now these pics are the blue hash who was the only plant in a 6inch square pot until i transplanted the sick seedling into 1 as well with fresh coco....this is the burn victim, not lookin great

Symptoms:
    Burned tips on 4 leaves
    Rust spots on 3 leaves
    Leaves somewhat tacoing

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

14. Give them a couple of days and see if there's any improvement. It'll take a little time for them to recover. The leaves that are already yellow won't turn green again, you'll have to see what the new growth looks like.

Good luck

15. Just ordered from attitude during the 420 deal!! :hello:

16. #56 whiteb0inewb, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What'd you get? I placed an order this morning too! Mad excited. Did you sect stealth shipping option?

Edit: what's good misc brah, gonna be following along on your grow. Two of my seeds sprouted this morning! A good thing to wake up too on 420. Happy holi-hayz bro!

17. lovin' the tudes special
    Pick & Mix Seeds . Barney's Farm Utopia Haze Feminized
    Pick & Mix Seeds per pack - 01 Seeds PICK AND MIX SEEDS 2 £19.98
    Dinafem Seeds Moby Dick
    Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 01 Seeds UFOX34/DNF105 2 £22.08
    Pick & Mix Seeds Cali Connection Sour OG
    Pick & Mix Seeds per pack - 01 Seeds UFOX34/DNF105 2 £14.98
    UFO#2 TH Seeds Burmese Kush Feminized
    UFOZ23 1 FREEFreebie/BOGOF
    UFO#1 T H Seeds Kushage Feminized
    UFON23 1 FREEFreebie/BOGOF
    FREE Green House Seeds Kalashnikova Feminized
    FREE SEEDS 1 FREEFreebie/BOGOF
    FREE Green House Seeds Super Bud Feminized
    FREE Green House Seeds Exodus Cheese Feminized
    FREE Dinafem Seeds Critical +
    Free Critical 1 FREEFreebie/BOGOF

what you guys get:confused_2:

18. Pick and Mix T H Seeds Kushage Feminized
    Pick & Mix Seeds . DNA Genetics Kushberry Feminized
    FREE Green House Seeds Kalashnikova Feminized
    FREE Green House Seeds Super Bud Feminized
    FREE Green House Seeds Exodus Cheese Feminized
    UFO#1 Emerald Triangle Seeds Super Sour OG Feminized

:hello:

I was originally going to get the Dinafem White Siberian, but saw that the GHS Kalashnikova is the same as white siberian and its free! feels good man:smoke:

came out to like $54 shipped, stealth shipping included...wasnt sure about the stealth shipping since u get a free 420 shirt but got it anyways just to be safe!

edit: btw, ive been away from the little ones since yesterday morning and will be gone until late tomorrow afternoon...im expecting to come home to some crazy growth!

19. im like 15 outta 15 with the tude and never get the stealth shipping...thats an extra bean bro;)...nice genetics...dna can be a tad nutes sensitive....so go easy...and yeah...now your plants have a little root ta work with...and will start boomin...watch ph and run off...easy on nutes...pour on the light..fan blowin' on em...at almost every transition...seedling..topping...transplant...it takes the plant a day or 2 to start goin again...people see no growth for 2 days and panic and start doin shit ta the plants:rolleyes:

20. good to know for the future deacon! Im excited to get home to my babies!