Whats wrong with 1 of my seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by miscbrah3284, Apr 12, 2011.

1. I've been thinking about trying to flush it but i feel like trying to flush it now is just going to drown it

2. #22 miscbrah3284, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    in my OP, the plant i have in the white square pot is starting to look like the runt, not that it is small, but that the leaves are starting to curl up towards the light on the sides of the fan leaves(exactly like the runt)

Well, as far as the runt goes, i transplanted it into an extra 6 inch square pot(like in the OP)and flushed the coco with about half a gallon of water and there was a good amount of run off....gunna see how it reacts with fresh cocogro and flushed with 6.0ph water, dont think i damaged any of the roots while transplanting...i found the little root ball halfway down the 3gallon pot it was originally in, kinda broke away the damp coco that was attached to it(the one i overdid the superthrive with last night) and stuck it into the 6incher with fresh coco. we'll see what happens, its back in the box as of now.

Temps: 75F
    Humidity: 40%
    seems like perfect conditions!

3. [quote name='miscbrah3284']in my OP, the plant i have in the white square pot is starting to look like the runt, not that it is small, but that the leaves are starting to curl up towards the light on the sides of the fan leaves(exactly like the runt)

Well, as far as the runt goes, i transplanted it into an extra 6 inch square pot(like in the OP)and flushed the coco with about half a gallon of water and there was a good amount of run off....gunna see how it reacts with fresh cocogro and flushed with 6.0ph water, dont think i damaged any of the roots while transplanting...i found the little root ball halfway down the 3gallon pot it was originally in, kinda broke away the damp coco that was attached to it(the one i overdid the superthrive with last night) and stuck it into the 6incher with fresh coco. we'll see what happens, its back in the box as of now.

Temps: 75F
    Humidity: 40%
    seems like perfect conditions![/QUO TE]
    if ur leafs are reaching for the sky its starting to starve from mag def do you have any nutes besides superthrive?

4. i have cal mag plus and the cns17 line....i thought it was still too early to start feeding them ferts, and that youre supposed to wait at least 2 weeks.

5. WOW... don't give your (seedlings) any nutrients for at least 2 weeks

how do you fuck up seedlings?

6. Very conflicting answers in this thread. You think its impossible to Fuck up seedlings huh?

7. Dude. I'm serious. Just give them really light nutes (1/4 strength) and a good watering with ph'd water and wait at least 3-5 days to see if they improve and quit watching this thread. Sometimes seedlings don't make it, just plain and simple.

If you didn't put any amendments (Marine cuisine, guano, etc.) in the coco then they have NO NUTRIENTS to start growing. Seeds have a little to crack open and form first leaves, but nothing else. Coco doesn't have any nutrients naturally in it, unlike soil.

Fuck everything else and do this now. That's all the help I can give. Good luck man.

8. Will do man. You think i should add in my calmag plus as well? Or just add nutes first? Im worried about overwhelming them with all these new chemicals out of nowhere lol

9. ut
    well you could keep up the good work u been doing to kill them.
    but if you read ur first post (These were put into coco as seeds on 4/1,) ur plants are 2 weeks old." feed me seymor feed me"
    1/4 strength right now "no now"

10. I've been holding off on nutes because yes they are 2 weeks since i planted in the coco but they didn't sprout for about 4 days so that's my reasoning behind that. Ill feed this morning though and report back!

11. Alright, first off i wanted to thank each of you guys who have helped me :hello: its good to know there are very helpful members on this site like yourselves.

Secondly, I just watered/fed each plant....I fill up a 1gallon crystal geiser jug with tap water first, then i added 6ml of cns17 grow, and 5ml of calmag+....

ph was about 7 flat after adding each to the water according to my digital meter, so i added 1ml of ph down and it dropped the ph to 6.4, added a little bit more ph down and my meter didnt work(i get errors on my meter everytime, i think there is something wrong with it so i plan on heading out to the hydro store where i bought it and have them take a look at it), since the meter is a pain i was double checking with the general hydroponics ph tester kit, vial gave me a color which represented the ph still being somewhere between 6.0-6.5...so i added slightly more phdown, retested and the color said it was in the 5.0-6.0 range

next came the watering, i filled up a 1liter waterbottle and watered the first plant in a 3gallon pot, there was a few drops of run off so i added a little more and went on to the 2 6inch white square pots, i watered each one of those with about half a liter and there was a good amount of run off with each when, then watered the last 3gallon pot with a little over 1liter cuz there was no run off whatsoever...so an entire gallon of water was given + nutes + calmag+

12. #32 miscbrah3284, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    well i just took a new set of pics to show the plants, this is 6hours post water/feed

-first pic is of the 2 in the 3gallon smart pots, virtually no growth in the last 2 days
    -second pic is of the two in the 6 inch pots, as you can see both of them look horrible now, the original one i had in a 6inch pot is shown on the first page, and this is what it looks like now, no new growth and the fan leaves have curled upwards
    -third pic is of the plant i supposedly killed by overdosing it with superthrive the only day, i transplanted it into my spare 6 inch pot and it almost looks like its recovering?
    -fourth pic is of the plant ive always had in a 6 inch pot, now looking pretty bad...again no growth and fan leaves are curling upwards on the sides

wtf is up with them?

Attached Files:

13. They look fine. What's the matter? The others are right about no food for at least three weeks.

14. Well i fed them today with 1/3 strength nutes and 5ml of calmag. The two in the square pots aren't looking great, the leaves are curling up, and pretty much every plant has shown no signs of growth in the past 3 days now. Just doesn't seem normal. What do you think?

15. you fed today so give it a day or 2 I know its killing u and it would really help if you took them out from under the light it makes for terrible diagnosis can't see the right colors. if they do not look better tomorrow and look worse water with spring water only. if they still look bad but its hard to tell give it another day. I think there has been no visible growth is cause the growth was in the roots trying to find water.
    is the coco still moist? in coco as the plant uses the water or the coco dries out the concentration of nutes goes up so you should never let the coco dry out completely. always moist in coco its really hard to overwater.
    hope this helps. keep ur chin up

16. Thanks sage, i appreciate all your help. Ya, this is really killing me cuz they were all looking so great a day or 2 before making this thread. Im sorry about the pics, i didn't know they'd turn out that way i took pics the exact same way as in the op. Tomorrow ill update again and take pics of them out of the box, just wanted to make sure they stayed in the box where its warm all day after the water and feed cuz it was like 50 degrees here today lol.

17. bro...its nature...its gonna work at its own pace pretty much nomatter what ya do.....over kills more plants than anything...over water....over nutes...over trim........over fuckin' with em..people just gotta learn your plant doesn't need something every time ya walk by..it takes time ...there will be little growth till they establish roots..then..boooooom...relaxe..ya can rush nature a little in veg and flower..but sprouts are tender and take time:smoke:relax and have fun with it...;)

18. and dont look so serious:poke::laughing::laughing::laughing::wave:

19. so what are ur temps? seedlings like a little heat

20. temps sit around 77-80 during the day, but at night during lights off they drop quite a bit....gotta figure out how to combat that, possibly switching my light schedule to 20/4 instead of 18/6 so that it stays at ideal temps longer