whats wrong? drooping leaves stand after water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by devin313, May 25, 2008.

1. i dont know what the deal is...i have 3 plants and one is acting weird...they are 2 months old...lighting 18/6...i water with nutrients every 3-4 days or when soil is dry 2" deep...for the whole 2 months, they have been fine but now, 3 days after i water, 1 of the plants suddenly droops down...drooping down all the way and it doesnt even look like the same plant...and all the leaves point directly over toward the side with more light...as soon as i water, with in an hour all the leaves stand right back up and it looks normal again...3 days later, it suddenly droops again until i water

2. sounds like under watering to me, my plants did this for a while when they needed a drink, its just the plants way of letting you know.

i think its good to slightly under water to build stronger roots, but you cud try watering a little earlier if you wanted

cud just be happening now because plants usually start to take in more water later into the grow, usually when flowering has started

what it sounds like to me anyway man, wait for a second opinion if your not sure

gd luck with it, take it easy

3. i agree with devin313. sounds just like underwatering. my plants are only 2 months old and i have to water them every/every other day at the very least.

4. It's normal when you water the plants that the leaves droop. The plant temporarily redirects its energy to the roots to absorb water and nutrients causing the pressure in the stems to be reduced. The drooping leaves is followed by a turnaround where the leaves start pointing up once the plant has sucked in the water it needs. All 100% normal.

5. My plants are drooping after I watered them to day it been 6 days since last eating was trying to let them dry out thought I was over watering.

6. yeah, sounds like that one's just thirstier than the other

7. First of all you do not feed every watering.Every other at most.

When your leaves sag like that they need water.Pick up your pot when its dry.then water it completely.Pick it up again noticed the weight difference.this is a great way to know when you need to water soon.