Whats with the pledge of allegiance?

Discussion in 'General' started by Capnfalconpunch, Mar 21, 2014.

1. What's the point besides drilling nationalism into children's heads at a young age?

2. Well, you already know the answer...

3. i think thats the only point.

4. cuz, 'murica, thats why

5. You posted it in the OP..

Form a sense of nationalism AND drive the "One nation Under God"

Love that people use the Under God part as a defense of religion in politics and it's like man that part wasn't even in there until the mid 1900's

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Fi

6. #6 Stormy Sea, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    I refused to say it as a kid and got in trouble a few times, but eventually my teacher just accepted that I wouldn't do it and got over it; I was very anti-god at the time 'cause of my shyte upbringing, wasn't going to compromise my freedom of speech for those two words, yo. So rebellious, I know, you flatter me.

The point of it, and the entire education system, is to teach us about how powerful and amazing and kind and "blessed" the US is, and nothing else of the world, so that whenever we cause war in some far-off country with an unpronounceable name for "freedom", we'll give no fucks and stick our heads in the sand instead of doing any research and catching our government in its many lies.

DO I SOUND LIKE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST YET? Well, I'm not.  :yummy:

7. When I was in elementary, which was the only time I ever had to say it in class, I was surrounded by authority figures that I knew for a fact were wise, caring individuals who had my well being in mind. 

I guess as a child I associated that with the pledge of allegiance, and so I was proud to express my gratitude and loyalty to them. I didnt' really have any concept of the actual american government, I was really just saying it for the talented, dedicated teachers who had helped me through those six years. 

8. What da fuck is a pledge of allegiance?

9. Its either brainwashing Americas children

Or instilling patriotism

Depends on who you ask :p

10. Total bullshit....

11. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of America,and to the republic,for which it stands
    One nation,under God
    Indivisible with justice for all.

That's the us pledge of allegiance. I always thought it sounded a little.... Cult-ish. Never did it myself,and got sent to the office quiet a few times back in the day.
    I give allegiance to no man or government, who hasn't earned it.

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

12. Why does there need to be a point besides the original point?

Research has shown that children indoctinated at a young age are often indoctrinated for life.

Thats where weed and other drugs come in. Kinda breaks the bubble so people go, wait a minute, what the FUCK?

13. Patriotism. Pure and simple.

Sent from my mind

14. Everytime I think I finally sussed it and I finally understand Americans

they spring some new shit on me

15. While the "under god" should def be cut to respect those that do not belief in a god, but it as a whole isnt a bad thing.

Everyone should love their country.

Government, not so much.

But country and government, are two different entities. It was a love of country, and a distrust of their government, that made America's founding fathers stand up against the British empire

16. I used to think it was so weird when I saw American classrooms on TV with flags in the classroom.

17. Need more American flag shenanigans? its illegal to have a flag flying during a storm.

But no one actually obeys that law that Ive seen

18. The Pledge of Allegiance has its heart in the right place, and its head up its ass.  Genuine love of country comes from within, not from external indoctrination.

19. yeah it's a bit weird isn't it

20. I refused to say that in school, not because I don't respect America or anything like that its just that why should kids be forced to believe in god, let them make the choice