Whats up with my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dlpjr, Nov 17, 2010.

1. This is the first plant I have tried to grow using a bubble bucket. The ph is 5.8 -6.0 max, ppm around 990, temp in the room is between 82 to 89 degrees, the rh is low like 35. I put a humidifier in the room last night, woke up this morning and the tips of the one leaf are dry and curling. Maybe the ppm is to high, do I need to flush the plant and drop it to say 500 or so. One other thing the temp of the water in the bucket is about 80 degrees. The light I am using is a 400 watt hps, and it is about 24 inch above the plant. This is a bag seed, I have no idea what it is, I just wanted to see if I could grow before investing in some top dollar seeds.

DSC01935.JPG

DSC01936.JPG

DSC01937.JPG

DSC01939.JPG

DSC01940.JPG

2. try to get your temps down to 76-78f

3. Trying.... I got the exhaust fans running and 2 fans inside the room. The only other option I have is to raise the light again, maybe I will try 3 foot away from the plant, just worring that it may start to strech. 3 foot with 400 watts is that a problem... but of course there is a problem now.

4. what kind of reflector do you use? is there anyway you can duct the heat from the bulb, out of the room, via reflector??

5. i keep my 400W at 8"-10" away from my plants. I wouldnt go over 2' or you will be loosing a ton of light.

6. Not really, without doing some modifications to the reflector myself, which I maybe forced into doing. The temp now is 81.5 with the rh at 49. I guess I should have bought a better lighting system, but it is to late now…

7. Ya...I won't go over two feet, you right.

8. can someone help me when my plants?
    my plant has some yellow leaves and I don't know if the plant is still healthy or not.

Attached Files:

9. Superdank.......looks like a ph issue...............start your own thread dude.............
    peace B

10. DLPJR..............Sorry cant help, like already said temps.........rest sounds/looks okay. good luck
    peace B

11. up date.....I got the temp down, There is about 2 inches of new
    growth it is nice and green and looks healthy, the question now is it normal ( if you look at the first pic) those large 3 leaf stems are starting to get yellow blotches, and they look as if they are dieing, the rest of the plant looks very good.

12. i dont grow in hydro, but im pretty sure 990ppm is pretty high for the size of those plants. take your PPM down and see if your issues subside.